Chapter Three

The sudden clicking sound of her bedroom door closing caught her attention as she lifted her head from her knees. Her body lightly shivered from the water that was no longer warm. Still, she bathed herself thoroughly before stepping out of the tub, wrapping a plush towel around herself to shield her bare skin from the cool air.

The palm of her hands rested on the marble countertop as she stood in front of the frosted mirror covered in condensation. Lifting her hand to the glass she wiped it, bringing her reflection into clear view. Tired and puffy blue eyes gazed back at her. Her long silky locks stuck to her wet skin as water dripped from the tips of her hair. She inhaled deeply before slowly breathing out through her nose.

In time she hoped the pain would become bearable, but for now, all she could do was let the process of grief run its course. She slipped into a lightweight thin strapped lavender dress that modestly caressed her hourglass shape. The soft fabric dropped at her waist flowing down her long legs before stopping right above her feet.

Zamora naturally didn't have any casual clothes that would be fit for taking an adventurous journey. After all, she was an elegant princess; so her attire always matched that title. Yet she was open to trying new apparel if given the opportunity. Once her hair was blown dry and combed she exited her bathroom and into her room taking a seat on her bed.

Instantly, she took notice of the missing cloak that was no longer on her bed while discovering a cup of tea on her nightstand. She gazed at the tea thinking back to the delicious bowl of soup, which she enjoyed earlier. Thankful that it wasn't poisoned or tainted, she assumed the tea would be safe to consume as well. The comforting heat from the ceramic mug warmed her cool hands. She lightly blew the hot liquid before taking a few sips. Allowing the soothing warmth to flow down her throat as she closed her eyes enjoying the sweet taste.

Zamora was accustomed to having things done for her like this, but it didn't feel the same. For one, it was just her now, and two the person making sure she was fed and well-hydrated was also the one keeping her hostage. She felt conflicted. On one hand, she wanted to thank him for aiding her after she was injured, yet another part of her wanted nothing but to run far...far away. Which she still planned to do tonight. Her glossy blue eyes gazed up to the full moon that hung brightly in the sky. Sitting the empty cup of tea down she stood to her feet, placing her small satchel across her shoulder and her closed-toe shoes on her feet.

An unexpected dizzy spell hit her, making her touch her head while trying to steady her balance. She shook her head lightly to get rid of the feeling before sneaking towards her door. Her cautious eyes scanned the hall; listening carefully for any trace of her two abductors. When only the silent corridor answered her she tip-toed out of her room closing the door behind her. Her quiet steps carried her to the living area where her feet stopped and her body stiffened.

Her eyes widen holding her breath as she looked at the man name Kisame asleep on the sofa lightly snoring. She let out a quiet sigh of relief that he was sound asleep. However, the one called Itachi was nowhere in sight. Thinking he may have taken rest in a different room she continued on her path to reach the underground loading dock. Which would lead to the sea that could take her away without leaving a trace. Not wanting to waste any more time and risk being caught she hurried down the passageways that would guide her to her destination. However the closer she got the more tired she begin to feel, forcing her to slow her pace.

Zamora's legs grew heavier with every step, using the wall as a crutch she paused midway down the dimly lit corridor. She fought against her hazy vision, blinking her eyes several times in an attempt to keep them focused. Yet, her strength and energy were quickly depleting.

She couldn't understand why she felt exhausted all of a sudden. She had got plenty of rest that day due to her unconsciousness. Even had a good meal despite not being able to keep it down, a relaxing bath, and a hot cup of... Her eyes rounded with trepidation as the realization hit her that she was possibly drugged from the tea she had drunk before leaving her room. The door to her freedom was only a few more feet down the aisle but to get there felt so far. Still, she slowly pushed herself to keep moving.