Chapter Seven

His face was like a stone as he held his intense gaze upon her. If his eyes could speak every word would be laced with lethal poison.

"This is my final warning to you. If you decide to keep wandering off I will not hesitate to restrain you. You are like a child that doesn't listen. If you want to survive then I suggest you take heed to this warning." Itachi addressed plainly but his words held assurance.

Zamora's light blue eyes widen. It was bad enough that she was being forced against her will to go with them but to be physically detained like some captured animal was not something she would ever consider. Despite his serious tone, she couldn't stop her mouth from protesting against his drastic ultimatum. Her small hands gripped the sides of her soaked gown as she matched his unwavering gaze.

"I may be more weak and vulnerable than you but I am not a child. Besides, I wasn't even trying to escape this time so why must you threaten me? You act as if I'm tagging along of my own free will." Zamora slightly begin to tremble as she fought to control her emotions. "I don't want to be here. My family is dead...my home is destroyed. Don't you think that's enough restraint to tie a person down?"

Her timid voice found some boldness as she spoke without a shutter or stumble. Although her tone was calm and soft it held authority like a true woman of royalty. Although she feared her quick tongue would cost her dearly she was proud to speak freely from her heart.

His gaze battled with hers as they stared into each other eyes. She could feel her vision begin to blur from the tears that slowly gathered against her blue irises. Yet she held onto her pride and swallow the pain, trying to keep her promise to never cry. In an attempt to stop her tears, she jerked her head away not wanting him to see her break down.

"So stubborn." Itachi's deep voice claimed before quietly leaving her without a chance to respond.

No, I'm not! She shouted in her head while her eyes glared into his back as he walked to the campfire. Her gaze soften as she glanced down at the clean and surprisingly well-stitched fabric that draped over her. Although his words seemed harsh, his actions were somewhat kind. He never raised his voice or harmed her physically.

Maybe staying close for protection isn't such a bad idea. It's not like I have a choice. Zamora thought now knowing that the forest was a very dangerous place. She stood there gazing at him from afar. Her mind and emotions were conflicted. Who was this mysterious man who saved her life twice?

The unexpected cool breeze caused her to shiver as the drastic drop in temperature became evident from nightfall. Pulling the long cloak closed a faint scent reached her nose. It was oddly soft and pleasant for someone who seemed so stern and possibly deadly.

Desperate to get to the warmth of the fire and out of her wet clothes she looked around for a private area to change into the spare attire she brought with her. Opening her travel satchel she pulled out a simple knee-length short-sleeve dress in a solid light blue color matching her eyes. Since it wasn't as lengthy as her first dress it exposed her long legs to the cool night air. However, she was thankful to have the warmth of his cloak to shield them. She rung out her dress the best she could for it to dry in case she needed to change again.

Zamora fidgeted with the sides of the dress material nervously as she hesitated to come out from behind her makeshift dressing room. However, the disturbing sounds of the forest in the dark were more than enough encouragement to hurry towards the safety of the campsite. 

She placed her damped gown over a branch nearby to dry before kneeling close to the fire. She stretched out her arms to warm her cold hands as she sighed in relief. Meanwhile, Itachi kept his attention on occasionally turning the meat over the fire to ensure it didn't burn. Kisame glanced between Itachi and the girl with a smirk, taking notice of the cloak that hung over her shoulders enveloping her petite shape. The shark man suddenly got up stretching out his muscles.