Chapter Ten

"Hey, old man," Kisame called out, nudging him with his foot to wake him up.

"Huh.. Wha–what happened!" The Doctor questioned rubbing his head as he sat up off the floor. Before anyone could answer he jumped to his feet as if he remembered.

"Y-you found her, I can't believe it!" He gasped with an excited chuckle, and his face turned red with glee. Practically, dancing around the room like a happy child. Itachi and Kisame watched with a deadpan expressions annoyed by the strange man's behavior. Once he realized what he was doing in front of them he abruptly stopped, clearing his throat and adjusting his glasses as he gained back his composure.

"How did you find her?" He queried in a more serious tone as he looked at the two ominous men in front of him.

"That's none of your concern. It will be best for your sake to just treat her and keep your mouth shut." Kisame answered with a surly grin. The man's eyes slightly widen as they shifted to the other Akatsuki member whose deep aloof tone grasped his attention.

"Where did you get these documents?" Itachi stated looking over the scroll contents that matched the marking of the princess's wrist.

This is part of the prophecy scroll. He thought before placing it on the inside of his cloak. They had discovered only some of the scrolls but there were many pieces scattered across the region. The more information they had the faster they would be able to figure out how to use the key to undo the seal.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing young man?" Itachi ignored the old medical-nin. Activating his red eyes he scanned the bookshelf for any more scrolls that held a specific marking only the prophecy scrolls had, confiscating them. The old man watched Itachi with frustration as his hands balled into a fist at his side as he gained the courage to step forward.

"You can't just come in here and take–" The physician's ranting ceased while his body froze. All the color drained from his face as his fearful eyes met the fierce and dangerous glint in Itachi's as he simply glared at him while taking the last scroll.

"So, what should we do with him Itachi? He knows too much. Can I kill him?" The Doctor's gray eyes widen as he subconsciously backed away raising his hands in defense.

"Hey, now... let's not be too hasty. You can take whatever you want. Just know if you kill me there is not a doctor in this region who can treat her." He did his best to sound confident and convincing but his legs gave him away as they trembled beneath him.

"You said she would be fine," Itachi's deep voice interjected as his scarlet eyes interrogated the old man causing him to gulp with nervousness.

"I... I c-can only assume s-she will be. But we really won't know how this will affect her until s..she wakes up." The elderly man shuttered with fear but answered truthfully.

Itachi laid eyes on the sleeping girl briefly. His expression was void of any emotion while his gaze held an unwavering intensity.

"We can't risk anything happening to her, so for now... you get to keep your life." Itachi asserted.  The doctor nodded his head once understanding the position he was in as he discretely sighed with a bit of relief. Their eyes watched him as he walked over to the princess pulling medical supplies out of the nearby shelf.

"I will need to run some tests and make sure her blood is clean." Itachi gave him the okay as he observed the old man draw some blood from Zamora's arm into a small glass cylinder tube. With another thought in mind, Itachi had an idea and wanted to take advantage of the opportunity.

"Take a sample of mine as well. I need to confirm something." The doctor raised a brow from his odd request, giving him a questionable look. Nonetheless, he accepted it, knowing there was no way he could refuse and live.