Chapter Twelve

"Before I go over the full analysis I must ask... are you familiar with the terms... Konketsuji and Tenshi?"

Itachi's expression never wavered as he stared at the man without a sign of the overwhelming irritation he began to feel when his time was being wasted on something so nonsensical.

"Do I look like a fool to you, old man?" Itachi's calm but stern tone questioned as his ominous eyes narrowed, glaring at the frightened medical-nin that sat before him. A bead of sweat surfaced across Dr. Senju's freckled brow as he gulp before answering.

"I know you're already aware that she's a konketsuji but the blood test also proves she's a descendant of Tenshi."

"Explain," Itachi commanded.

The physician sucked in a shaky breath as his face turned serious."The Princess bloodline goes back to ancient times when Tenshi and humans cohabitate on the earth. Her DNA proves her mother was human but her father was of an angelic descendant. However, he wasn't blessed with any special ability. According to the historical scrolls, it tends to skip generations making the princess the last of their kind." The doctor lifted the document from his desk handing it out for Itachi to take.

"Take a look for yourself the evidence is in her blood." Dr. Senju asserted trying not to provoke the apprehensive Uchiha.

Itachi gazed traveled from the doctor to the paper in his trembling hand. He casually took it without hesitation as his eyes slowly scanned over the content carefully digesting every word. The room fell silent and the air felt thin as Dr. Senji anxiously waited for his response.

The steady tick of the clock on the wall added to the tension like it was counting down the last seconds of the old physician's life. Would he be killed for discovering such information? He felt his heart stop while holding his breath as the young man placed the papers into his cloak. The old man decided not to voice his opinion of the young man taking the document without permission. At this point, he would be grateful if that was all he decided to take from him.

"It makes sense that she would be a mixed-blood hybrid but it was never suspected that she would be a descendent of a Tenshi what humans call... Angels." Itachi concluded from the information he gained from her test results.

"Even so the young lady is still primarily human although, her bloodline is technically beyond this realm." The physician's silver eyes narrowed as he rubbed the grey stubble on his chin in thought before continuing.

"I would presume regardless of her angelic lineage her human form may not be compatible with the power that lies dormant within her." Dr. Senji added.

"A mortal angel," Itachi asserted as his eyes stared in the direction of where the princess room would be.

"Precisely."

It should be strange that someone like her could exist but the world I'm from may not be so different after all. Her circumstances are similar to the boy with the fox demon spirit sealed into him at birth. However, this isn't a seal placed on her, it's intertwined with every fiber of her being. Itachi thought to himself before the old man spoke again.

"Come to think of it that explains many things... such as her unique beauty. I'm sure if I was a young man like you I would find it quite a challenge not to gaze upon her too long."

Itachi's sharp eyes glanced in the doctor's direction expelling a dark aura. His mouth did not disagree with the old physician's compliment on the Princess's outer appearance.

However, his eyes sent an obvious warning that he was opposed to the topic of discussion. Dr. Senji let out a nervous chuckle regretting his straightforward comment and quickly explain the point he was attempting to make.