Chapter 4 - Let's get the Basics Down

Izuku : Wha- what!?! *surprised*

Mio : 'WAIT WHAT'

Izuku was confused as hell, heck this sounds like some weird fairy god who just came just to give him his disco ball so he can throw a party. He just kept looking at All Might who was waiting for his response to this.

Izuku : Th-thats impossible and don't say it like that. There's no way there's a quirk that can be transferred from one person to another. If it were to exist wouldn't many people find it suspicious that the same type of power is being passed down and seen many times. I mean I looked through different generations back in the past but some never even matched your strength. They all just had different quirks that *mumbles mumbles*

All Might had a sweat drop looking at this as he has to admit the boy does make a good point about his explanation but the quirk just works different.

Mio even around the corner had a sweat drop while her ear was lowered. This is normal for her as Izuku just mumbles a lot and she just couldn't bring herself to stop him as it is cute but right now is not a good situation to mumble in.

All Might sighed before delivering a quick slap to the boy's face in order for him to stop mumbling.

All Might : Wake up... This ain't some kind of anime theory video.

Izuku rubbed his cheek as he looked at All Might. All Might gave him a determined look as he was willing to explain everything he knows about his quirk.

All Might : This quirk is different. This quirk has been passed down from generation to generation ever since the first dawn of quirks. It is a culmination of power that grows stronger after each person it is passed onto. You could already guess why the quirk wasn't discovered early on.

Izuku can only nod to him as All Might continues his explanation.

All Might : As it keeps going through generation its main power increases a lot as by the time it reach me from my master, it was strong enough to cause a lot of destruction if not careful. This quirk isn't something ordinary. It's one of the strongest quirk ever as its power can't be rivalled easily once at full power. This quirk, this power and this soul, Its called One for All.

Izuku : One.... for..... All

All Might : That's right thats the quirk. I was on a search for a long time looking for a successor to hold onto this power. I realized that since with this injury I can't fight the same way I did before. It is natural I have to find a successor to gain this power.

Izuku : But why did you exactly do it?

All Might can only flinch from that sudden question but he gives a soft smile as he says.