Chap 7 "Pregnancy"

Esme's POV

On the day of Benny's funeral, I agreed to help Kelly and go to the funeral with him. After, I drove us back to his place. Kelly looked at me as I poured us each a glass of water. "Why are you smiling?" I asked.

"Thank you," Kelly stated.

"For what?" I looked at him.

"Giving my dad the funeral he wanted," Kelly replied. "HQ said it was for active fighters who die while on the clock."

"As soon as my dad's name is brought up, I can get HQ to agree to anything, "I shrugged. I started feeling sick. "I better get going. Jay probably needs my help." I gave Kelly a hug and drove home. I had texted
Sylvie to get me a couple of pregnancy tests. She met at my place and I took the tests. I walked into the living room and sat down. "What if I'm pregnant?"

"Is it Jay's?" Sylvie asked.

"Yeah, but it was one time," I sighed.

"How long has it been since then?" Sylvie asked.

"Four weeks," I groaned.

"And when were you supposed to have your period?"

"A week and a half ago," I sighed. My timer went off and I looked at the tests. "Great."

"What?" Sylvie asked. I gave her all five tests. "I mean, this one is negative."

"One out of five," I replied. My phone rang and I looked at it. "It's him." I handed my phone to her. "You answer it."

"Hello," Sylvie picked up my phone. "She's a little preoccupied, right now. Can she call you back?" I laid on the couch. "Okay, bye." She hung up. "Uhm, he's coming here."

"You were supposed to get rid of him!"

"Esme, you have to tell him."

"Not like this," I nodded. "I'm not ready to be a mom. Let alone a single mom." I looked at Sylvie. "I'm going to need help."

"We'll help you out, and I'm sure Jay will be there for his baby," Sylvie nodded. There was knock on the door. Sylvie opened the door and Jay walked in. "Hey, Jay."

"Hey," Jay stated. He saw the pregnancy tests and stopped. "What's with all the tests?"

"So, uhm, Esme is pregnant," Sylvie replied.

"Esme?" Jay asked. He walked over to me and knelt down in front of me. "I'm not leaving you. I hope you know that."

"The baby is yours," I looked at him. "I'm keeping the baby."

"Esme," Sylvie sighed.

"No, Sylvie. I don't believe in abortions. I might not be ready to be a mom, but I'm going to do the best I can to raise him or her," I replied. "Jay, I just need to know if you're going to do this with me."

"Of course," Jay kissed my forehead.

"You can leave, Sylvie," I stated. She smiled and left. "I have a confession, Jay." He looked at me. "All my profits I'm making, has been going into my savings account. The money I'm living off of is money my dad has been giving me."

"I know for a fact you make enaugh to take care of yourself," Jay signed. "I don't care because I know  you're a hard working individual."

"Thanks, Jay, I replied. Seven and a half months pass by. I was walking into firehouse Fifty One. I stopped at my desk and saw the flowers. "Wallace, who got flowers?"

"You did, from Jay," Wallace replied.

"Okay," I nodded. I got the card and read it. "He's so sweet."

"You got flowers?" Sylvie smiled. "He seems like a really sweet guy."