Chap 11 "Sorry"

Esme's POV

Jay and I got married and continued on with our lives. We had a beautiful baby boy and named him Travis Caden Halstead. After a year of having him, I found that Casey had left to go to Oregon, Stella went to Boston to expand Girls On Fire and Violet was now working on Ambulance Sixty One. A couple more years passed by, and before I knew it, we were a couple days away from Clarabelle's sixteenth birthday. I walked in with a box of decorations. "Jay," I sighed as I put the box on the counter. "We need more room."

"What about Yourself, No Less?" Jay asked.

"I tried, but Claire's seen the inside of that place s0 much, that I want her to have a different view for once," I replied. "Plus, we have every single one of their birthdays there. I also need a different view myself."

"So, were having her party in Chicago?" Jay asked.

"Yeah," I sighed. Clarabelle walked in. "Honey, is it okay if we have your party at Molly's?"

"I'm not having a sweet sixteen party?" Clarabelle asked.

"If you still want to go to Disney world, I can't afford to rent a space for your party," I nodded. "I'm sorry, sweetheart."

"Sorry? I should be thanking you," Clarabelle looked at me. "I don't wanna be going around in some princess ball gown. Honestly, order a couple pizzas and I can call some friends to hang out." The doorbell rang and I answered the door. "Hey, Uncle Kelly."

"Hey, Claire," Kelly smiled. "Uhm, Esme, can I talk to you?"

"Yeah," I nodded. I followed Kelly outside and closed the door. "What's up?"

"Obviously, I need help. Uhm, I'm two hundred short on my rent this month. Can you spot me the remainder?" Kelly asked. "I wouldn't be asking if I didn't ask every one else already."

"Kelly," I sighed.

"Please, Esme," Kelly looked at me.

"What's really going on?" I asked.

"I spent the money on a ring for Stella," Kelly sighed. "It was her coming home present."

"She's going to ask you whare you got the money," I replied as handed him the cash from my pocket. "I don't need her showing up on my doorstep."

"I haven't seen you around Fifty One," Kelly replied.

"Things have been changing and going back will feel different," I looked at Kelly. "I'm just going to keep the distance and stay here with my family."

"Hey," Jay joined us outside.

"Hey," I smiled. "What's going on?"

"The realtor called and those people backed out," Jay replied. "If you wanna make an offer, she said to give them call."

"Youre buying another house?" Kelly asked.

"We're actually moving out of Chicago," I nodded.

"You're leaving?" Kelly asked.

"Yeah," I looked at Kelly. "I'll give them a call when I get inside." Jay nodded and went inside. "I am getting out of Chicago for my sake."

"I'm going to miss you," Kelly replied.

"'We didn't work out and we had to move on," I replied. "Being around you, it's not good for either of us. You'll be more focused on your relationship with Stella when I'm gone." I opened the door. "Goodbye Kelly." I got inside and closed the door. My phone rang and I picked up. "This is Esme."

"Hey, it's Violet and I need your help," she stated. "Is there somewhere we can meet?"

"Yeah, uhm, are you able to meet me at my place?" I asked.