Chap 9 "Engaged & Planning"

Esme's POV

"Well, can we forget the cake and go home?" I asked. Jay looked at me. "What?"

"I told Joe I'd stop by Molly's to see him for a bit," Jay replied.

"Okay," I nodded. We went to Molly's and walked right inside. "They look like they're closed."

"SURPRISE!!!" everyone jumped out.

"Oh my God," I smiled. I saw a banner open. "You did all of this?"

"Yeah," Jay nodded.

"How'd you know she'd say yes?" Herrmann asked.

"Thanks for the confidence boost," Jay replied.

"Drinks are on me tonight," I smiled. I walked up to Herrmann and wrote him a five thousand dollar check. He looked at me. "Is that enough?"

"You're looking at a bar for firefighters," Herrmann nodded. :If I need more, I'd let you know."

"Herrmann, that's all I can afford," I looked at him.

"Don't worry about it," Herrmann smiled. "I got it. You just be happy."

"Okay," I nodded.

"Congrats!" Sylvie hugged me. "So, when's the big day?"

"We just got engaged," Jay replied. "But I'm not opposed to going to the courthouse."

"As much as I want things that simple, I would like to have my dream wedding," I nodded.

"Hey," Bree walked up to me. "Congrats!"

"Thank you," I smiled. "You look like you have a favor to ask."

"Yeah," Bree sighed. "Remember how your dad always uses his firehouse for the Fourth of July?" I nodded. "Because I'm not his daughter, he said no. So, the kids in the neighborhood won't have trucks rolling down their streets this year."

"Not if I can help it," I smiled. "Wallace." He looked at me. "Do you mind to use Engine Fifly One, Truck Eighty One and Squad Three to roll down the neighborhood on the Forth of July?" He raised a brow. "Dad's not letting Bree use his firehouse this year."

"If we get a call, we gotta go," Wallace replied.

"Of course," Bree nodded.

"What do you need us to do ?"Wallace asked.

"Get pelted by water balloons and you do
the same to them," I stated. "Bree will provide all the balloons. You just gotta go by Yourself, No Less at seven thirty in the morning to grab your buckets of balloons."

"Fifty One will be there," Wallace nodded .

"Thank you," I replied.

"You're a life savor," Bree smiled.

"You're welcome," I nodded. "And I like that you changed the name. Influencer's Corner was getting old for me."

"You had a great name, but we needed something that rolled off the tongue a bit smoother," Bree replied.

"We?" I asked.

"You'll always be a part of the business," Bree nodded.

"Thanks," I smiled. Stella pulled me to the side. "Oh, okay."

"You asked Boden to use our trucks for the Fourth of July?" Stella asked. "Severide and
were supposed to go camping. Boden said this is mandatory."

"Sorry," I replied. "I needed this. He could've said no."