Percy

I waited behind the sound, as the loud sound of crashing water echoed in the forest.

There was complete silence.

I heard someone jump on one of the branches of the tree I was hiding behind.

I looked up, Ethon was standing without his sword and bleeding.

He growled "Rudolph"

I peeked from behind the tree.

No one was there.

I looked up again. Ethon was still looking in the other direction.

I either had to run away or help whoever this Rudolph guy was here.

I looked around me and found Ethon's sword lying just a few steps to my left. I carefully took a few steps before crunching a dry leaf.

I instantly looked at Ethon and our eyes met. He looked at me and then looked at his sword.

Both of us jumped towards it.

I managed to put my hand on the hilt of the sword. Before I could pick it up his foot landed on the tip of the sword.

"Not so fast boy."

I let the hilt go and kicked towards his face as he stepped back to dodge it. I kicked the sword towards myself and jumped on it.

Before I could stand up, one arrow whistled past me.

I ducked and rolled behind a tree.

"GIVE ME BACK MY SWORD YOUNG LAD" he screamed as he started storming towards me.

"Bit childish don't you think" I screwed from behind the tree.

"There is no one to protect you now." He said

"Yeah what about that Rudolph  guy?"

He started laughing " You innocent fool."

I could sense him closing in, that very moment I came out of the hideout and swung the sword.

He ducked but this time I had a clear shot and I connected.

He plummeted into nothingness, then and there.

Only a lump of water left.

I didn't wait to celebrate as I rolled behind another tree waiting for an arrow or the other guy to make any move.

Did  I kill him?

Why are they not attacking?

"Concentrate you stupid mind"

I hid behind the tree still waiting for the arrows or axes, whatever they wanted to throw.

Sometimes went but nothing appeared.

Finally, I peeked behind the trees and looked at nothing, just trees.

No proof of any other human or anything.

Was this all an illusion?

Either that or they are hiding for me to make a move.

I would be stupid to pick a fight here, in their territory, so I ran away from the field.

My sense of direction failed me and now I was lost in the jungle.

"Ahhhhhhhhh........ How am I supposed to get out of this hellhole." I screamed.

I got tired and sat near a tree.

In the back of my head, I was still worried that the other two would be following me and who was that Rudolph guy?

I looked up and could see a blue coloured flag hanging by a branch.

I looked around myself and could see some more flags after some distance.

Is this a sign?

I told myself, ' either we will reach another hellhole or get out of this. Either way, I will have to walk towards it. I mean those movies just show some girl followed a mark and met a ghost, well what other choice does she ever have?'

I kept following the blue sign but carefully making sure, I was not falling into another trap.

Finally, I saw an open field with some kids playing with wooden swords.

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" I screamed.

Kids looked at me funny and ran away.

I started walking towards the houses past the field, before I could reach I saw her again.