100k + Epilogue******

(Unedited)

R-rated 18+

I mean it! This chapter is incredibly r-rated that I had to change the rating of this story. I would put it in an extra book but I'm lazy. You've been warned! I don't want to hear it from you. I told you it's gonna be smut-level bad. Turn back if you're under 18.

2 years later

We painted his room chalk green the last time I visited. 

The colour is chipping at the ceiling where the pipes burst upstairs. I still remember the FaceTimes where he complained for hours with his hair stuck to his temple. He refused to move out. Refused to let me pay for damages. 

 I'm staring at that re-plastered ceiling, trying to absorb the memory into my soul. 

Fray lives far away now. His bed is half empty for half the year. When my music instructor tells me to play with heart; I want  to tell him my heart is in a bed in Queens.

Now, I save every moment like this and store it in my chest. Every time it beats, I remember burned toast and Sunday mornings adored in his arms. 

NYC to London is a lifetime away.

I visit any chance I get.

My studio is his laundry room. 

His socks are in my drawers.

"It's really good, Max!" He shouts over the blasting music.

"Yeah?" 

"Absolutely! This is the best you've composed in months. This is gonna sell..." 

My biggest fan smiles happily, replaying the music again over the speakers. I watch him over the New York skyline, him in his wrinkled white collared shirt and tired eyes. The corporate world is difficult to an aspiring medic. But someone has to pay the bills...

It worries me to take up space in his home. Fray is stubborn on taking care of everything, everywhere all at once.

"I have someone lined up for the vocals..." I say this like an afterthought. 

In truth, my list of clients is dwindling every day. I try my hardest to socialise with the newest songwriters. Make peace with the hottest singers. But bridges burn easy and I live on an island. 

Every so often, Fray crashes into my world like a boat. 

"You're daydreaming, babe." 

I've lost time and he's in my orbit, one hand in the dip of my waist. I look into his eyes, golden spokes turning, and count the specks in his iris.  

Fray kisses me softly on my open mouth. 

"How are you?"

"Good." I whisper in between his lips.

He kisses each corner of my mouth, smiling when he catches me smile. 

"I've missed you, Fray." I tell him honestly.

"I know..." He says, "It's just one more year. I'll see you for Christmas in LA, right? We're always gonna be together."

"Except when we're apart. I hate being so far. I hate that I chose the one musical programme an ocean away."

Fray groans into my ear, tugging me tight into his embrace.

"You're here now."

I let him pour his radiance into me. The space between us is occupied. His hand cushions my back against the wall. His red lips are almost bruised an impossible burgundy. We've spent the last three nights tangled in his bed, ignoring the busy world around us.