brethren

Warning!: this chapter contains a bit spoilers from the manga!

"Ah brother! I was expecting you" akura-oh smirks. "Why doesn't that suprise me?" Tomoe snarls, "you know i had first gone after her father, seeing her blood on his fist enraged me. I had to hold back not to kill him right that instant, afterall after coming to the conclusion she wasn't with him i needed to know what happend. I must say he was quite willing to speak after a nice..........warm chat" tomoe grins "then i had to figure out where my dear brother had took nanami"

"Well the cat's out of the bag now" akura-oh gives a crooked smile. In a flash the brothers clash swords with eachother. "Not using your treasured claws brother" Akura-oh sneers "not today brother" tomoe snaps back.

"Guys!" Nanami exclaims worried she takes a step foward, "please stand back nanami-chan" mizuki says monotone."But how can we stand here doing nothing!"

"It's something personal like your problems with your father" nanami's expression turns sour "he is most certainly not my father" she replies coldly. Mizuki puts his hands up in surrender "alright if you say so" "i do say so"

The two continue watching th fight between the two -so called- brothers. "Why did you take her?!" Tomoe yells " to fight you" tomoe hisses as akura-oh's sword scrapes his arm. Tomoe collects himself and once again fully focusses on the battle.

Everytime tomoe lands a hit on akura-oh -which is quite often- it would just heal in a split second. It starts to irritate the silverhaired fox, nanami notices and steps in nit heeding mizuki's warning.

"That's enough you two! You have been at it for at least an hour!" She exclaims, "stand back nanami" akura-oh warns "stand by the snake's side love" tomoe says not breaking eyecontact with the ogre behind nanami. Nanami shakes her head stubbornly "not untill you promise to stop fighting! You're brethern! What could have been so bad to make you act like this towards eachother?" The brunette questions.

"It's a long story..." Tomoe sighs "and we've got all the time" "not now nanami" akura-oh complains. "Yes now akura! I find this fighting ridiculous!", akura-ah lets out a irritated groan "uggh fine! Happy now?" "Yes very, well? Who will start telling the story?".

Tomoe clears his throat "i will, long ago i fell in love with a human girl yukiji-whom was actually nanami who was travelling in the past- but because of our different lifespans i wanted to turn into a human. Akura-oh found out and said i was betraying him, i found i didn't. Akura-oh got mad and threatend to kill me, but instead of argueing i wished him luck and warned him not to strain himself. But al those years akura-oh held a grudge, esspecially when i was ordered by the gods to separate his body from his soul. Ever since then a fight was unavoidable"

"Wow..." Nanami mumbles "do you argee akura? That it went like that?" Akura-oh contemplates to lie but one look into the kitsune female's eyes dismisses that thought. The redhead nodds "soooo.... Can you all be friends again?" Nanami asks hopeful.

"No" akura-oh says immediately "why not?" Nanami pouts "he stole me body!~" the ogre whines. "You've got it back don't you?" "Yyyesssss......" Akura-oh drags out the word. "Then what is the point of holding a grudge?" "Nothing" "exactly! Now come on shake hands" mizuki looks at the scene incrediously.

"No!" Akura exclaims stubborn, nanami sends him a or-else glare, the male pouts his black lips "fine" the two brothers reluctant grab eachothers hand and give it a firm shake. In the background mizuki tries not to laugh- keyword tries but fails miserably.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" The brethren scowl at the snake, they look at eachother and smirk as a idea comes to mind. In a flash mizuki lies K.O on the ground "just like old days eh brother?"akura-oh asks, tomoe replies with a grin. Nanami giggles at the sight, "hnn? What are you giggling at?" "How you work together now.... But did you have to knock him out?" "We could've killed him if you prefered that" akura-oh replies smudgly.

Nanami's expression becomes cold as ice, she glares at the redhead. "JUST KIDDING!" He yells fast, "why are you scared of nanami?" Tomoe asks confused, he knows nanami as some one who couldn't even harm a fly................. Figurally. "She has a spiltpersonality" the ogre whispers.

"It is probably a side affect from the transfusion but she has this no one-messes-with-me and then happy-go-lucky personality, furball did something she didn't apreciate so she suggested to set his fur on fire. It seemed a fun idea, so i went with it. But she had this freaky smile on her lips it send chills up my spine"

Tomoe snorts "ha! You're probably scared of her because she can hurt you while others never can". "......thats also a factor" akura-oh admits. "Well can we go home now!?" Nanami shouts, "why are you shouting love?" Tomoe asks a little irritated. Nanami pouts. "You didn't listen when i asked normally"

"Will you stay for dinner?" Akura-oh asks, tomoe is dumbfounded. In the week nanami waa with him he has totally changed. Before he didn't even ask he demanded, and it wasn't for dinner. "Sure!" Nanami smiles brightly, tomoe inwardly mirrors her expression. She is really something else, the best of it? She is all his...