Aftermath - I think I Love You

Y/n's POV

I slowly open my eyes, I can feel my head pounding and I instinctively reach up for my head when I notice an arm locked around my own. I look over and see Caulifla.

' Weird... After we danced she must've wandered in here. '

I slowly unlock our arms and I look down, realizing I'm naked.

' Did... Did we? No, there's no way... '

I slowly uncover Caulifla, her nude body exposed to me.

' Oh God... Did we have sex? No, no, no... I must have got drunk. There's no way she would have if we were sober... Oh God, I took advantage of her... '

I look down at my hands and clench my fists. How could I do that to her?

I sigh and take a deep breath before covering the angel next to me. I lean over and tuck the blanket around her, taking in her scent.

I then get up and collect my clothes before getting dressed and leaving a little note for her, then leave the room. I need to go somewhere... I can't face her right now. There's no excusing what I did... She's my friend, I haven't really had any, and I blew it.

I sigh and hop out of a nearby window, my boots crunching leaves as I start wandering around. After a while, I end up where we normally train. Angry at myself, I fly away from the area and end up somewhere I didn't recognize. It was a small town. I began walking around and looking around the village, little kids running around laughing and playing. I envy them, in a way. I never had that. As I continue walking, I hear a voice calling out to me. It was definitely male.

I turn and see an elderly man on his porch waving at me, smiling.

Old Man: Hey sonny. Ya lost?

I suppose I am, technically.

" Yes sir. "

Old Man: C'mere son.

He gestures for me to join him on the porch, so I comply. After reaching the porch, he pats a chair across from him and I take a seat.

Old Man: So boy, what is it your lost about? Is it this here town or is it the thing that's eatin' you up?

My eyes widen a little. How could he possibly know?

Old Man: Cuz if you need directions I can give them, and if you need advice, I can give that too.

He smiles at me and I look down.

" Hey, Old Man... "

Old Man: Just call me Ben, that's what all the whippersnappers call me.

" Er... Ben... I could use some advice. "

I don't know this guy at all, why would he help me? And why do I want his help?

Ben: About what youngster?

" How do I... How do I make things right with a girl? "

Ben: That depends my boy, what'd ya do?

" We were partying and I suppose... We slept together. "

Ben: What'd she say when she came to?

" I don't know, I left... If I'm being honest, I'm scared she'll hate me. "

Ben frowns and rocks in his chair.

Ben: Boy, you can't run from all your problems. I can't guarantee that your friend will be okay with what happened, but I reckon if it happened she must have wanted it too.

" What? How could you know that? "

Ben: Tell me boy, how feisty is this lady friend of yours?

Upon asking this question, I find myself thinking of all the training Caulifla and I did, of our fight.