Saiyan Fighting Spirit

Third person POV

Kale grunts in pain and slowly stands up, Caulifla helping her stand.

Caulifla: You okay?

Kale: I'm fine... What happened to Y/n?

Caulifla: Ultra Instinct.

Kale winces and turns her attention to Broly, who was walking towards Toppo.

Toppo: You may be powerful, but I fear no Saiyan.

Broly: That's alright, I'd prefer to surprise you.

Toppo throws a punch at Broly, but the Legendary Super Saiyan simply catches his fist and tosses him into the air.

Broly then chases after Toppo as Kale and Caulifla take Y/n elsewhere to rest.

Kale: That power he showed earlier... Has he surpassed Super Saiyan 4?

Caulifla nods as they lean him against a large boulder, just out of sight of most of the other contestants.

Caulifla: Y/n had even absorbed and replicated God Ki using the form, that primal power is something else.

Kale nods and she sits down, sighing.

Kale: When I was fighting Broly earlier... I felt like I was similar to him, but his power is far greater than mine. Those Universe 7 Saiyans are something else, huh Sis?

Caulifla: Yeah, they are. But we're not that far behind, Kale! And Y/n defeated Vegeta all on his own, that's quite the achievement.

???: Defeating those Universe 7 monkeys isn't that impressive.

Caulifla and Kale spin around to see Frost.

Frost: What you fail to realize is that I'm the best chance we have for victory.

Caulifla: You? As if! You're way weaker than us and you're not even that smart!

Frost: That's what you think. I, Frost, will be the last one standing in this tournament, and I'll have my wish granted!

Caulifla: You-

???: Are quite the fool, aren't you?

Frost looks up and sees Frieza.

Frost: Tch! You...! You betrayed me in the last tournament!

Frieza: Did I? Oh well, it must have slipped my mind... I only remember important things. Now, I can't help but notice you've led me straight to a handful of fighters from your universe that can barely find the time to catch their breath, let alone fight back. Seems the traitor is you.

Frost: Tch...!

Frost rushes Frieza, but the tyrannical emperor sends the space pirate flying with a single swing of his tail.

Frieza: Hello monkeys! I can't help but notice that you're all just barely conscious, well, one of you isn't even barely conscious. He's out cold!

Kale: Sis...?!

Caulifla: I won't let you hurt him! He can't even fight back!

Frieza: Ah, it's like I'm at a zoo. The monkeys love each other.

Caulifla: Shut up!

Frieza: Well then, show me your power... Saiyans.

Caulifla and Kale both transform into a Super Saiyan Blue and Frieza transforms into Golden Frieza.

Caulifla rushes Frieza, throwing a punch at the Emperor, but he ducks under her attack and kicks her away as Kale tries to land a kick in his blindspot, however Frieza anticipated this and uses his tail to catch her leg before he slams her into the ring.

Frieza: Ohoho! Your attempts at teamwork are truly abysmal, Goku and Vegeta would never have fumbled the ball this hard.

Caulifla: Fumbled, huh?!

Caulifla fires a Ki blast at Frieza, who smirks before blocking the attack.

Frieza: My, my... Seems you've gotten ahead of yourself, Caulifla.

Caulifla: Damnit all!

???: Damn you, Frieza!

A Ki beam flies past Caulifla and almost hits Frieza, but he dodges the attack.

Frieza: Seems you're back for more, yes?

Frost is revealed standing a bit behind Caulifla.

Frost: You've got that right!

Frieza: Three on one, eh? That's hardly fair... You'll need more to match me!

Suddenly, Gohan lands next to Frieza.

Frieza: Oh? Coming to my aid?

Gohan: Noticed you were a little surrounded.

Frieza: Hmph, very well... Do as you wish, son of Goku.

Gohan nods and rushes Frost, the space pirate growling.

Frieza then turns his attention back to Caulifla and Kale, who were surprised by the events that had just played out in front of them.

Frieza: Well then, shall we continue?

Caulifla and Kale grit their teeth and rush Frieza simultaneously, but Frieza blocks all their incoming attacks.

Frieza: Can't you do better?

???: Yare yare daze... You're all so damn noisy.

Frieza, Kale, and Caulifla turn and to their surprise, see Y/n.

Caulifla: Y-Y/n!

Y/n powers up, letting out a primal, guttural roar as he transforms into a Super Saiyan 4.

Y/n: I may not be at my full power, but I'll fight until I can't!

He activates Time Skip and lands several blows on Frieza.

Y/n: Caulifla, Kale!

Caulifla and Kale nod and rush the emperor, landing a barrage of punches and kicks before firing a large Ki blast at Frieza, engulfing him in the blast.

The blast creates a smokescreen and Y/n rushes into it. A punch can be heard that splits the smokescreen and clears the smoke. Frieza has punched Y/n, and the mercenary growls out as the emperor then knees him in the stomach repeatedly, causing him to cough up saliva and blood.

Caulifla: Y/n!

Caulifla rushes over, but Frieza kicks her away and Kale fires a large Ki blast at Frieza, who dodges the attack. Y/n was now on the floor of the ring, breathing heavily.

Kale: Y/n, I'm going to go check on Sis!

Y/n: Go ahead! ... This bastard is mine.

Frieza: Oho! You talk big for someone who's gasping for air!

Y/n stands up and smirks, then flares up his aura, knocking Frieza backwards.

Frieza, knocked off balance, looks up to see Y/n standing over him, his fist raised.

Frieza: Oh bloody hell...!

Y/n punches Frieza in the face full force, sending him crashing into a nearby pillar then rushes him, hitting him with a lariat and knocking him unconscious.

Y/n: Fuck... You...

He reverts to his base form and falls over, unconscious.

Caulifla and Kale rush over, Kale tossing Frieza out of the ring while Caulifla checks on Y/n.

Caulifla: Oh, thank God! He's still alive!

Kale: Took care of Frieza.

Caulifla reverts to her base form and kisses Y/n's forehead.

Caulifla: Dumbass... I was so worried about you!

Her voice trembled and her lips quivered.

Caulifla: Don't ever do something like that again, I was so scared!

Kale holds Caulifla's shoulder.

Kale: Take him and keep an eye on him, I'm going to go find Cabba.

Caulifla nods.

Caulifla: Thank you.