The Leap Of Faith

I took Miles back to Dad's old shed to pick out a real suit. "If we're going to fight Kingpin, we're going to need some upgrades." I said. "What do you mean?" Miles asked as we approached Aunt May in the basement. "Took you long enough." Aunt May said, sipping her tea.

Miles looked at one of my dad's old suits and spray painted it black. I went with the suit that Dad left me. It was a turquoise and purple suit with a silver web design. A matching mask that gives me the option to put my hair up. I paired my suit with a pair of silver sneakers. Aunt May helped us get fitted for new web shooters. "Made them myself." Aunt May explained as we tried them on. "They fit perfectly." "Thanks, Aunt May." I thanked, kissing her cheek. "Love you."

While on top of a tall building, Miles and I remembered what Peter said about the leap of faith. "You ready for this?" I asked. "Always." Miles smiled as we pulled down our masks and literally took a leap of faith. We both shot webs at the top of the building as we swung around the city, gaining the attention of some of the locals and tourists.

As we were swinging, Miles and I had this beautiful view of the city. I looked at him and smiled, but it felt different somehow. In a good way.

Once we made it to Kingpin's penthouse, we went to see where the others have been. I also had to avoid bumping into Mom at his party. We headed to the basement to help them. Miles turned invisible to help set Peter free from Olivia. I helped Peni, Peter Noir, Gwen, and Porker take care of a bunch of the goons. "Surprise attack!" I exclaimed, knocking down one of the henchmen. "Phoebe!" Peni gasped in surprise. "She copied me." Peter Noir said. "Wait!" Gwen exclaimed. "Does that mean..." All of a sudden, Olivia was punched by Miles, becoming visible on his command. "Miles!" Peni cheered. "I love you! I'm so proud of you guys!" I heard Peter cry. "Do I want kids?" Olivia got back up and started attacking again while the collider was powering on. I swung over there to toss some rubble at her. The energy from the collider started bringing buildings from other dimensions here. "Guys, are you seeing this?" Miles asked. "Looks like our dimensions are coming to us." Gwen replied. "Does look cool, though, right?" Peter asked. "We gotta get back up there." I explained as the tingle warned us about Olivia about to throw a bus at us. While Gwen was brawling with Olivia, she started glitching, about to plummet. Miles and I went down to save her. "I like your suits." Gwen complimented. "Thanks." I replied. "Made it myself." Miles added. I shot a web in Peter's direction as he launched us to each give Olivia a knuckle sandwich. We each gave each other a fist bump. Olivia wasn't going to give up yet. She started to reach us again. "Buckle up, guys, this is gonna take a while." Gwen said, just as Olivia was hit by a truck. "Alright. Nevermind. Let's end this thing." "Guys, we got it." "I'll go. I'm the one with the goo..." Peter said, just as the realized Miles took the goober. "Oh, you gotta be kidding me." "Don't watch the mouth. Watch the hands." Miles said as we both swung to the top of the collider to shut it down. "Whoo! That was crazy." "Looks like it goes in here." I explained while Miles put the goober in the slot. "Guys! We've got control of the beam! Get up here!"

All of the spiders came to say goodbye before we sent them home. "Guess this is it." Gwen said. "Well, nice to know we're not alone." Peni smiled. "Right?" "Yeah." I replied. "I got the portal open." Miles explains. "You first, Peni." "Thank you, Miles and Phoebe, from both of us." Peni thanked us, jumping into the portal. "I, uh, love you all." Peter Noir confessed, pulling out his Rubik's cube. "I'm taking this cube thing with me. I don't understand it, but I will." Peter Noir jumped through the portal. "I want you to have these." Porker said, giving Miles and I each a cartoon mallet. "What is this?" I asked. "It'll fit in your pocket." Porker replied. "That's all, folks." "Is he allowed to say that, legally?" Peter asked as Porker left. "Do I get to like the hairdo now?" Miles asked Gwen. "You know I'm older than you." Gwen replied, removing her mask. "15 months, but it's pretty significant if you ask me." "Well, Einstein said time was relevant, right?" Miles recalled. "Nice." I commented. "Friends?" He asked. "Friends." Gwen replied, shaking hands with us. "All of us. See you around, Spider-Man and Spider-Girl." After Gwen returned home, it was time for Peter to go. "Your turn." Miles explained. "Yeah, yeah, right." Peter said, pulling his mask up. I swung by him and gave him a hug. "I love you, Dad." I whispered, until I realized my choice of words. "Holy crap! I'm so sorry." "Don't apologize, Phoebe." Peter said. "Your dad would be so proud of you. Just like me." All of a sudden, we could sense Kingpin coming for us. "You're not going anywhere!" Kingpin shouted. "I'll hold him off, you shut this down." Peter explains. "Peter! That wasn't the deal!" Miles shouted as Peter swung to fight Kingpin. "Push the green button! Do not wait for me!" Peter ordered. I threw him to one of the buildings carefully. "What are you doing?" "Peter, you gotta go home!" I exclaimed. "This guy could kill you both!" Peter warned. "I can't let Spider-Man die!" "Neither can we." Miles said. "It's okay." Peter explains. "Yeah, it is okay." I repeated, doing a surprise attack on Peter before Miles grabs him. "You gotta go home, man." Miles said. "How do I know I'm not gonna mess it up again?" Peter asked. "You won't." I replied. "Right." Peter chuckled. "It's a leap of faith." Miles let go of the suit, dropping Peter through the portal. He pulled down his mask so we could finish Kingpin together.

Miles and I approached Kingpin on one of the buildings. "Kingpin!" Miles shouted. "It all ends now!" I added. Kingpin stomped his foot on the building, flinging shards of glass at us, and then tried shooting at us, with the same gun that killed Aaron. "Nope!" Miles shouted, tossing the gun away with a web. "Sorry, that's cheating." "¡Adios!" I added as me and Miles stuck to a subway train. "We gotta get to the button." Kingpin grabbed Miles and I after shattering the train windows. "Not so easy doing it on your own, is it, kids?" Kingpin asked. "I can't wait to kill one more Spider-Man and my first Spider-Girl." All of a sudden, a woman and a young boy glitched onto the train. "Where am I?" The woman wondered. "Wilson?" "Is this what you want, man?" Miles asked. "What are you doing?" She wondered. "Vanessa. Vanessa." Kingpin said. "Richard." "What are we doing here?" The boy, Richard wondered. "I don't know, Richard." Vanessa replied. "Vanessa, it's me. You know me." Kingpin explained. "We're leaving now." Vanessa said, running with Richard. "Don't go!" Kingpin cried, letting us go. "Stay with me, please!" "Quickly." I whispered as I escaped with Miles while Kingpin was distracted. We got up outside of the train, but Kingpin wasn't too far behind. "You're not stopping this. Not today!" Kingpin shouted. "We are stopping this! Right now!" I exclaimed. As universes were still colliding, Miles and I continued to fight Kingpin. We noticed that Jefferson Davis, Miles's father and PDNY chief, was watching the whole thing. "Great, the cops are here." I groaned. "The real Spider-Man couldn't even beat me!" Kingpin recalled, which enraged me. He threw us both to the ground. "You're nothing! You took my family. And now, I'm gonna make sure you never see yours again." Kingpin tried crushing us. But if there was anything my dad taught me, it's that no matter how bad he's been hit, Spider-Man always gets back up. And that's exactly what we did. Slowly, but surely. "We'll always have our families." I explained. "You ever hear of the shoulder touch?" Miles asked, putting his hand on Kingpin's shoulder. "Hey." That's when Miles used his electric power to attack him. "Hey, Kingpin! Push the green button for us!" I shouted. We both used our web shooters to launch Kingpin to disable the collider and save New York. Luckily, Miles and I were out of reach when the collider exploded, with a web in one hand and each other in another.