The Best Of All Of Us

Miles's POV

Phoebe and I quickly escaped after the collider blew up. We sat at the top of a nearby building from the wreckage. "Wow, can you believe it? We actually defeated a villain!" Phoebe exclaimed. "Man, that was crazy." I said. "I'm still surprised we survived that explosion." "My dad survived explosions all the time. He didn't have a power for that or anything, but it just always happened." Phoebe explained. "Speaking of which, don't you think you should call your dad?" "Maybe you're right." I sighed, pulling out my phone and calling Dad. "Miles? Miles? Are you okay?" Dad asked over the phone. "Yeah, I'm okay." I replied. "You're probably busy, so..." "No! I can talk, I can talk." Dad said. "Look, so I came by earlier because, uh, your uncle..." "I know, Dad." I sighed, pulling my mask up. "I am so sorry." "Yeah." Dad said. "Do you know who did it?" I asked, even though I already knew. "I thought I did. But I was wrong." Dad replied. "Look, Miles, what I said at the door, it wasn't just talk. Look, you know, I was thinking maybe we could find a nice wall, privately owned, like at the police station, and you could, um, throw up some of your art. Man, I'm bad at this." After hanging up my phone, I put my mask on and swung down to my dad. "Officer." I greeted, disguising my voice. "Spider-Man!" Dad shouted. "Listen, um, down there, that was, I mean, I owe you, okay!" I hugged my dad, even though I could tell he was feeling uncomfortable. "Spider-Girl and I look forward to working with you." I said as Phoebe landed right behind me. "Yeah, me too, I guess." Dad chuckled. "I don't approve of your methods, but we're just gonna have to agree to disagree." "Thank you for your bravery tonight." I thanked. "I love you." "Wait, what?" Dad asked. "And look behind you!" Phoebe exclaimed, pointing out Kingpin tied up in our webs.

Okay, let's do this one last time, yeah? For real this time. This is it. My name is Miles Morales. I was bitten by a radioactive spider. And for like two days, I've been the one and only Spider-Man. I think you know the rest. I finished my essay. Saved a bunch of people with my new partner. Got hit by a drone. I did this with my dad. Met my roommate, finally. Slapped a sticker where my dad's never gonna find it. And when I feel alone, like no one understands what I'm going through, I remember my friends who get it. I never thought I'd be able to do any of this stuff. But I can. Anyone can wear the mask. You could wear the mask. If you didn't know that before, I hope you do now. 'Cause I'm Spider-Man. And I'm not the only one. Not by a long shot.

As soon as the lights went out on campus. I was headed back from Miles's dorm. All of a sudden, we saw a portal opening up. What was happening now? "Miles, Phoebe." We heard Gwen say. "You got a minute?"

To be continued...