Reprogrammed

Requested by @paultiteuf360

It's the end of the night at a local bar. The late night waitress, Kate and her co-workers, finished all the nessicary tasks and was locking up. Their boss led them to his office to charge when a kid crash could be heard.

"I'll check it out" their boss said. He motioned for a few of his friends to follow him. Once they reached the bin, one of the guys, poked around with a baseball bat he had. After a few minutes of this, he hit a particular bag, and a unmistakeable whimper was heard.

The group, confused, lifted the bag, to find a young boy, around 6 to 7 years old. One of the men picks the kid up and throws the him to the ground. The boss kicks the poor kid and motions for the others to beat the kid up.

The robots sees this from afar. One robot Kate feels something change. She feels her programming change. She opens the door and goes to the other men and start to fight them and her boss. Once they are knocked out and in the trash, Kate goes toward the little boy, who is still trembling.

"What is your name little one?" She asks. Her voice is sweet despite her being a robot. The boy looks up at her, "m-my name is y/n" he tells her. Kate picks up the child in her arms, "it's ok y/n your safe with me" she replies.

She opens the bar again and brings y/n inside. "Where do you live?" Kate asks the kid. He shrugs "I don't know" he answered, "are your parents alive? maybe we can try and call them" Kate tells y/n. The kid shrugs again, "my parents are in the sky and they can't come down" he told her.

Kate looks down at the child, "they're dead" she stated, y/n nodded, "We'll look after you" she says with finality. It was the least she could do for the poor kid.

"Follow me" Kate tells y/n as she starts to walk towards the stairs to the boss's office. The other bunny robots follow. Y/n does as told and follows her upstairs. It was a crowded office with a huge desk filled with paper work, a laptop and tons of other things.

Kate rummages through the mess and finds a blanket for y/n and a pillow. She finds the couch and placed the blanket and pillow down and motions for y/n to lay down.

"Where will you sleep?" He asks as he walks to the couch. Kate motions behind her. A huge charging station was behind them. It had a bunch of chairs for her and the others and a bunch of electrical car style charger port to let them all charge.

"Can I sleep with you?" Y/n asks innocently. Kate nods and y/n smiles and hugs the robot by her legs. Kate pats the young boy and picks him up and cradles him in her arms as she walks to her charger.

She sets him down and sits down and sets herself up for charging. She sits down on the chair and opens the charging port on her side and places the charger in. She motions for y/n to come into her lap. He happily hops on and places the blanket around himself and her and crawls into a little ball.

Kate stroked his hair and sings a little lullaby. Once she was certain he fell asleep she closed her eyes and shut down for the day.

The next day, Kate opened her eyes and looked down to see y/n was still asleep. Not wanting to wake him, Kate carefully moved him into her arms and stood up. She then carefully placed him down, after she placed the pillow underneath.

She goes over to the door and walks down to the main bar. The other robot girls were cleaning and setting up the bar for that night. Kate knew it was time for a change for the bar and now she was self-appointed boss of the establishment, she was going to make sure this was a good place for y/n to grow up.

She and her co-workers would need to renovate the place and even the office so y/n can have a bed. Her old boss had placed a microchip with the blueprints of the bar in her. She got it out and placed it on the dirty table and started to get to work. Mid way through her little renovation plan, the young robot hears a scream "KATE".