Chapter 1; 𝑾𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏

Prayers chanted across the temple where Macau was crying his eyes out and the minor family bodyguard stand by the area, around the coffin.

Everyone from the main family prayed towards the coffin as it was a very silent moment, as they offered their prayers to the minor family.

"Phi..." Macau cried out and no one spoke anything, everyone gave him a bow as Macau was still in disbelief that the one person that protected, and loved him was now gone.

"Pete... Go and say your last goodbyes," Tankhun walked over to Pete as he held onto his hands and brought him towards the coffin, it was a smiling picture and a genuine smile that Pete probably had only seen once during the whole time he was kept captive. 

Vegas Korawit Theerapanyakul .

Pete stared blankly at the name on the picture, "K-Khun Macau..." Pete called out Macau's name as he walked towards Macau who was now hugging onto the coffin crying his eyes out.

"P'Pete!" Macau called out his name and cried even harder as Macau hugged Pete tightly, and it was at this point Pete glanced over to the coffin and saw Vegas lying there, lifeless...

His face was so unusually calm, but Pete was shivering in pain, "V-Vegas..." He mouthed the words but no voice could come out of his throat. 

Prayers continued as Pete just stood there blankly, yet it was funny how everyone from the minor family bowed towards Pete acknowledging him right in front of Vegas's lifeless body.

The moment Macau let go of Pete, Pete turned around his back to avoid looking at Vegas, his hands were covering his face and it was Tankhun who came over and gave Pete a hug as he creased his back, "Pete... I am sorry, we are sorry.-"

Pete's soft sobs can be heard as the main family walked out of the temple leaving the minor family alone, as they seek the peace they require.

.

.

.

It was the third day since Vegas' funeral has been arranged and ever since that day, Pete has been kneeling in front of Vegas' coffin without eating or drinking, all he did was pray with the monks.

"Pete, you need to stop," Porsche walked over and kneeled down beside Pete as he handed him a bottle of water but Pete weakly smile at Porsche, "Porsche... This is the only way to redeem myself..." Pete said as Tankhun did the same, they both kneeled down to look at Pete.

"Khun Noo... Porsche... V..Vegas died because of me... He... He could have run... But he came back and got shot by the main family... It's... me..." Pete's voice was breaking in every sentence he said, his tears uncontrolled streaming down his cheeks as all Porsche could say was, "I...am sorry Pete,"

Everything was because at that point Vegas went insane because he witness the death of Khun Kan, and went on a full rampage however shortly after he ran away... He ran back to Pete, he wanted to drag Pete together with him, that's the only person left in his life.

But never did he know that the main family bodyguards were ready to take him down, right after Pete removed his badge as the main bodyguard, gunshots were everywhere and all Pete saw was Vegas lying down in a pool of blood...

"V-V... Vegas!" Pete cried out as he dashed over to Vegas but he was already unconscious, "Stop! Hold your guns!" Tankhun shouted and Pete was crying his heart out.

When they sent Vegas to the hospital, all they got was the words "I am sorry."

.

.

.

"Pete, tonight is the last night. We have to let Vegas go in the morning..." Kinn said as kneeled down beside Vegas coffin's while Pete's face was as pale as a piece of white paper.

"Khun Kinn..." Pete called out weakly, his eyes were emotionless, it looked like he had emptied out himself completely.

"What can I do for you, Pete?" Kinn said, and Pete weakly smiled, "It's the last night... Can everyone else leave... Just let me spend the last night with Vegas... Alone..." Pete requested, 

"No Pete, I-"

"Please Khun Kinn..." Pete begged as his tears flowed down, Tankhun and Porsche walked over, "Pete?" Porsche called out as looked at Pete.

"Pete wants to stay alone tonight with Vegas, with everyone leaving," Kinn said as he looked at Porsche and Tankhun in worry.

"No Pete. We will stay, we will just be around." Tankhun immediately rejected his request, but who knew Porsche was the only one who said "Let Pete stay alone, he needs this." Porsche agreed and Pete looked at Porsche with a sign of comfort, "Thank you." 

"But Pete, I have your word that you will not do anything stupid right?" Porsche asked as he looked at Pete's reaction, Pete nodded his head and smiled weakly.

No matter how Tankhun or Kinn wanted to stay behind, Porsche took them out, and before Porsche and everyone else left the temple, Porsche turned around and hug Pete, "Pete... Don't do anything stupid, please." Porsche was pleading.

Pete hugged him and nodded his head, "I will see you in the morning," Pete said as Porsche left the temple and it was now only Vegas and Pete in the temple.

Pete looked at the entrance and said towards Porsche direction softly... "Take care of the main family on my behalf, Porsche." 

Pete took so much effort and manage to stand up after days of kneeling, his hands touched the glass cabinet where Vegas was placed, "Vegas... I love you..."  Pete cried his heart out when he repeatedly said those words that Vegas never get to hear from Pete when he was alive.

"When we meet in the next life... I will find you first Vegas... I will love you this time..." Pete said as he walked towards the chair hidden behind the curtains and there was Pete's gun being kept underneath tapped towards it.

Pete had no intention of staying alive after Vegas was dead right in front of him, he loved his family, he loved his grandmother, and he loved the main family, but with Vegas dead, it's like he has a heart that was already dead and gone.

Pete never got to tell the words to Vegas that he loved him, they were in a situation where Pete was standing on the opposite side. The only lucky thing that Pete was thankful for, was when he followed Vegas to the temple and did merits together.

"We make merits together, so next life we will get to see each other again." Vegas himself said this during the time when Pete followed him, even though it was meant as a warning, it was now a blessing in disguise. 

Pete closed his eyes and prayed to the gods and hope to meet Vegas and love him in their next life. The prayers were sincere, his thoughts were begging and all that was left in the prayers was desperation, pain, and love.

Without any hesitation, Pete shot himself right in the head...

.

.

.

"We will meet again, Vegas."

=====

Author note: This is a new fanfic that is working on an alternate timeline, with some cross path, do expect angst but it will be a good ending na ja~ I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT.

There will be references from UWMA & Someday series, but added a lot others substance in, the flow will be back and forth between the original novel + series.