Chapter 6; 𝑼𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

As Pete entered the minor family house, he could feel that subconscious pressure against him, he could feel the pain and fear from this place.

"If you need anything just tell the guards," Vegas said as he turned around and for the first time ever since they met he truly felt that Pete was in fear, Pete looked up at Vegas and those eyes were a little teary.

"That face of yours, I don't like it, I am not going to hurt you," Vegas said as he pulled Pete towards the room beside his room and Pete looked back at Vegas's bedroom that was shut close, "I will just stay with the rest-"

"You are here as a guest of the minor family, doesn't make sense for you to stay with the bodyguards," Vegas insisted as he walked Pete into his own bedroom, there were sufficient lights, and everything was so normal but it make Pete wanted to cry even more.

The amount of freedom and respect that Vegas had for Pete at this stage was making Pete's heartache in pain. 

"I am just beside, let me know if you-"

Before Vegas could finish his words all he saw was a puffy red-eyed Pete turning to look at him, those little puffy eyes were breaking every single wall Vegas has been building in his heart.

"Hey! Don't worry," Vegas said as subconsciously his fingers brushed through his tearing cheeks, both of them froze at that moment.

Pete didn't understand why Vegas did what he did and Vegas didn't understand why did he do that to Pete, but all he knew is that he didn't like it when Pete cries.

.

.

.

Days passed and to Pete's surprise, he hasn't been seeing Vegas frequently, and Pete is aware that Vegas hasn't been returning home.

"Hello Khun Macau," Pete greeted Macau as Macau walked in towards the main living area and Pete was about to head back to the main family to do something, "Oh Hi P'Pete," Macau greeted back as he looked at Pete with a pair of smiley eyes.

"Going out?" Macau asked as he took a packet of chips from the living room and grabbed it while he walked towards Pete, "Yes, Khun Macau," Pete answered politely, and before he headed out, Macau's next question stopped him, "P'Pete, what happened to you and my brother?" 

Pete looked back at Macau, obviously surprised by his words, "W-What do you mean?" Pete answered back while Macau checked Pete from head to toe, "My brother hasn't been coming back and I am assuming it's because of you? But he told me to take care of you," Macau answered and walked away.

Pete looked back a few times, wondering about Macau's words. These days, he is starting to wonder why is everything changing and why is Vegas like this?!

.

.

.

It has been exactly 3 weeks since Pete ever heard of or seen Vegas and deep down he missed Vegas a lot. But what can he do? The only he could do is to look at Vegas from afar because he still doesn't know what is he to Vegas, at least, in this lifetime.

Pete held onto the alcohol glass on his fingertips as Porsche, Pol, and Arm is dancing at Yok's bar and Pete was drowned in his thoughts as he kept staring at the alcohol while taking sips in between.

"Pete, how is everything there? Are you tortured?" Pol asked out as he approached Pete who was ordering his fourth drink.

"Yeah, all good. Haven't been sent out for mission at all, just doing checks on goods and resting," Pete answered without looking at Pol as he took on the drink and drank it.

"You okay? You look so out of yourself," Pol asked and Pete nodded his head, and smiled brightly as usual, "Go and enjoy, I am just going to have my drinks!" Pete said as Pol joined back the team and danced crazily.

Pete was starting to get a little tipsy as he has been drinking non-stop, and as he was about to order his next drink, a scent got to him instantly.

"Stop drinking, you are drunk," The voice was close to him and that scent was so similar that Pete doesn't even need to turn his head to know who was the one beside him.

"Vegas-," Pete called out his name as he turned around to look at Vegas who was now glaring at him angrily as he snatched the glass away from his hands, "You did know that you were not supposed to leave the minor family house without my permission right?" Vegas snapped, but all did Pete was stare at Vegas flaring at him.

"Pete!" Vegas called out his name, this time his voice was definitely annoyed, he snapped his fingers in front of Pete trying to see if he is still sober.

"You didn't tell me that-" Pete answered as he smiled at Vegas, "But, I am glad you are still mad at me," Pete happily said the words but obviously under the influence of alcohol. 

Pete was not that sober, but neither was he that drunk. 

Before he knew anything, Vegas grabbed Pete by the wrist and brought him out of Yok's bar and into his car, "Careful-" Vegas said as he placed Pete into the car seat carefully and put on the seatbelt for him.

Vegas ensured that Pete was secured but as he backed off, their eyes met, and at this moment, Vegas just felt something so different that despite him spending 3 weeks trying to figure out his feelings but the more he avoided, the more he did, the more he knew he can't.

"Pete," Vegas called out as their face were just inches apart, Pete looked straight into his eyes, "Hmm?" Pete answered and the moment he did, Vegas leans in to kiss him on his lips!

Vegas basically starts discovering something within him!

====

Author note; Oh hi! I have been missing for a tiny bit! But I hope this chapter is good?! Please leave your comments and let me know how it's going!! Hit me up on Twitter to chat too heh I can be found as @.trinygrins too