Chapter 12; Testing hearts, unsounded mind

Pete was safely discharged from the hospital and to his surprise he was sent back to the minor family! Tankhun was making a fuss out of it but Vegas was the one that requested that he wants Pete back at the minor family.

Pete sits on the bench at the minor family house in the middle of the night feeling the cold wind as it blows through his hair, his thoughts sank at the moment he saw Vegas die and those eyes, that desperation.

He closed his eyes for a moment and a similar scent came close to him, "You are still sick, why are you out here blowing the cold wind?" Vegas asked out, his tone was unlike the usual days. It was soft, calm, and filled with worries.

"I can't sleep," Pete answered as he opened up his eyes and sees that Vegas is sitting down beside him as he covering him with a blanket ensuring that the cold wind doesn't get to him.

"Hmm," Vegas hummed as he crossed his legs and looked at the sky in that direction that Pete was looking before he arrived. "Pete, what do you think about me?" Vegas asked, Pete looked at Vegas in his eyes, he could feel that moment where Vegas actually cares about his thoughts.

"You are bad-"

The moment Pete said that he could feel the anger from Vegas's eyes, his hands were clenching as he was about to exit, Pete's gentle smile held him back.

"You are a really bad person you know? But Vegas, you have a heart, you have feelings it's just you choose to ignore those feelings. You choose to ignore what you can feel. Vegas, you need to live for yourself, not for anyone.-"

Pete reached out to hold onto Vegas's hands and said, "You deserve to be happy and I want you to understand this."

"Why do you care about my happiness?" Vegas popped the question, looked into Pete's eyes who was just staring at him. Those eyes of Pete speaks love, but Vegas couldn't believe it himself. He just couldn't believe that anyone would love him especially someone from the main family.

"Cause I...-" Pete's voice stopped, he couldn't continue the sentence, he didn't knew how Vegas felt, he didn't knew how this was going to unfold.

Before Pete realises anything, Vegas pulled Pete towards him as his hands gently caressed his cheeks as he leans to kiss Pete on his lips!

"Hmm--" Pete gasped between the kisses as he tried to push Vegas away, but that push was gentle as if he never meant to push him away!

The moment Pete tried to pull himself back Vegas gripped him even tighter as if afraid that the moment he lets go off Pete, he is gone.

Vegas leans in closer and deeper for the kiss and only till Pete was about to go out of breath he lets go off him!

"V-Vegas, you need to stop doing this to me...-" Pete's voice is trembling as he looked down and his hands were just gently holding onto Vegas's hands.

"I wonder-" Vegas said, never completing his sentence as he just gently caressed Pete's cheeks as the whole atmosphere was just weird but lovingly.

Vegas smiled to Pete and kissed him on his forehead as he brought Pete back to the bedroom and put on the blanket for him while he leans down beside Pete trying to coax him to sleep.

Vegas's hands ruffled against Pete's hair as he tries to make him sleep but Pete's heart was just about to jump out of his own heart because of Vegas's gentleness.

"Are you going... to be the same person when I wake up?" Pete asked as his hands grabbed onto Vegas's fingers, those eyes were begging for him to stay as the same person when that happens.

"I won't," Vegas assured him as Pete looked at him, trying to figure out Vegas's emotions but it all looked so genuine, it was like Vegas opened up his heart and mind for him.

.

.

.

As the next few days went by, Vegas was truly protecting and taking care of Pete and the more he does that the more it breaks down the wall in Pete's heart.

"Hey Pete," Vegas called out as Pete was heading out of the minor family residences and heading back to the main family for business.

"Vegas," Pete called out as he smiled brightly, Vegas leans forward to caress his cheeks, "Take care," Vegas said as Pete nodded his head like a bright child but as soon as he tries to leave, Vegas took out a gift for Pete.

"I don't know what to give you, I just hope you like this," Vegas said as he handed the box to Pete! Pete opened up the box and it was an exclusive necklace blue sapphire diamond necklace.

"N-No, that's too-"

"Take it Pete, I just want you to wear it and think about me," Vegas persuaded Pete in that tone that he knew Pete would fall for it.

Pete's little face instantly turned red as Vegas laughed at this moment, he took the necklace and put it on Pete's neck as his fingers brushed through the necklace and his skin.

"Such a pretty pet," Vegas teased as Pete's eyes were looking at Vegas in confusion as Vegas brushed his fingers through Pete's warm skin.

His hands brushed through Pete's chin and grabbed it gently, "I want you to keep this necklace on and never take it off," Vegas said in a cheeky tone but those words were like a spell to Pete, he nodded his head and touched the necklace that Vegas gave it to him.

"Okay, be careful, see you," Vegas said as those pretty smile appeared on his face and Pete's heart was just about to skip out of his own body.

.

.

.

===

author notes: I-I... yeah literally i was missing >.< I am finishing up a couple more chapters to go to replace the time of the long wait!! Please - Please don't be so excited on the little moments that Vegas & Pete is having right now!! -- Putting a note here as to - Vegas is a manipulative person and for him to instantly be in love - like instantly is kinda impossible!!!

So please stay tune!!!!! THANK YOU AND I AM SO SORRY GUYS! KEEP YOUR COMMENTS COMING HEHE

Oh yes I will be dropping some scenes + beta on my Twitter so if you guys want a couple of more spoilers or chapters in advance just hit me up on Twitter and follow me @/trinygrins !!!

New book 2 for VP untouched scars will come soon hehe