VII - BITTER TRUTH

** = Action/Transition
[] = Effects
() = Thoughts
Enjoy!
----------------------------------------
You've been silent most of the way from the hospital to the park. Jihyo's calm amd carefree stance is quite unnerving. you start pacing back and forth while she sits down on one of the benches, crossing her long meaty legs, she watches you, her gaze intent.

YN: Alright, so what are we doing about this new deal? Will I be able to quit it?

Jihyo: You are deprived of the chance to return the money. Should you decide to break the deal again, you will lose your money, your father and your immortal soul.

YN: Got it.

You sound more confident than you feel. The feeling of unease and the deep knowledge that you have steeped into yet another trap does not leave you.

YN: What will I get from the new deal?

Jihyo: I will solve all of your problems. You have my word.

YN: Okay, let's say you help me solve the specific problems I'm facing right now. I get back the money, my dad completes the treatment, and you make sure I avoid the lawsuits Felix and Karina have planned.

Jihyo: Is that all?

YN: And, it goes without saying that you guarantee nobody will get harmed in the process. Nobody's health or wellbeing is at stake.

Jihyo: I can accept those terms.

YN: And one more question... What is the new deal?

You feel a thin layer pf sweat on your upper lip. You do your best to not flinch under her gaze, as the corner of her mouth curls into a smile.

Jihyo: I belive you already intuited that very few walk away from a deal, but you got a second chance from me cutie.

YN: Yeah.. i figure that much. So why do you want to give me that chance?

Jihyo: It will suffice to say that I believe in you, sweetheart. And we are friends, are we not?

YN: (Friends... right.)

Jihyo: As for the deal, I shall require you to take a blood oath that you will fulfill your part of the bargain, regardless of what obstacles arise.

YN: That sounds kind of dark... and extreme.

Jihyo: Simple formalities, I can assure you.

YN: (I guess this is it, there is no other way.) Okay.

Jihyo: Marvelous! Shall we proceed?

Jihyo seems in a much better mood than ever before. That deepens your unease. Her smile carries a dangerous predatory quality.

YN: So... how do we do this blood oath thing?

Suddenly, your palms are sweating. You rub them on the side of tour pants.

YN: Do I need to sign something with my blood?

A brisk bark of laughter escapes Jihyo's lips.

Jihyo: Humans... Over a millennium here and you do not cease to amuse me. How on eath such a monstrous, repugnant violation of hygiene occur to you?! The barbaric lust for blood has never left your subconscious.

YN: Alright! Alright! You've made your point. So what do I do?

Jihyo: Your words shall suffice.

YN: That's all?

Jihyo: Of course! Once pronounce your oath aloud, it shall be heard and accepted.

You feel that you are not ready yet. You try to postpone the moment.