Chapter 34

Egypt was hot. Capital H O T. 

My hair was damp and fell into my face as I wrote out postcards to Daph and Addy. 

Daph, 

I miss you. You'd love it here, there's so much wizarding history. 

Bill's taken us around all the tombs and you wouldn't believe thecurses those old Egyptian wizards put on them. Mum wouldn't even let Ginny come in the last one.There were all these mutant skeletons in there, of Muggles who'd broken in and grown extraheads and stuff. Even Fred, George and I couldn't imagine doing that to someone.

I couldn't believe it when Dad won the Daily Prophet Draw. Seven hundred galleons! Most ofit's gone on this trip, but they're buying Ron a new wand for next year, and they said they'd let me have a look in quality quidditch supplies for something.  

We'll be back about a week before term starts and we'll be going up to London for some shopping. Any chance of meeting you there? 

Try and come to London,

Immy

P.S. Percy's Head Boy. He got the letter last week. 

I groaned as I wrote the last sentence. Percy had yet to go thirty seconds without mentioning it and it was doing my head in. Head. Head boy. Big head boy more like.

I whistled, and Alpha soared down from the roof beams and landed on the table next to me. I handed him to two post cards, as Ron came running down the stairs. He skidded to a stop next to me. 

"Can I send Alpha with Errol and this?" He asked holding up a box. 

"Well that depends on what that," I pointed, "is." 

"Pocket sneakoscope." He said,

"So that's what was going off at dinner last night? Because we put beetles in Bill's soup?" Ron nodded.

"For Harry. It's his birthday and he doesn't get any thing from the muggles he lives with so me and Hermione are the only people who send him stuff." 

"Yeah of course." I said, "Give me a minute." 

I reached out and grabbed a piece of stiff parchment and neatly folded it in half. Picking up my quill again I inked a sketch of a golden snitch on the front. I gave it a few wafts through the air flipped it open. 

Dear Harry,

Have a great Birthday. 

This card is valid for one seekers game. Redeem if you dare. 

All my best, 

Immy Xx

I flipped the card shut and added it to the pile, on top of my post cards and Ron's letters. Picking them up I offered them to Alpha as Ron attached his package to Errol.

"To Hermione in France first." He said, 

"Then Daph and Addy and then Harry." I said. Alpha blinked his big amber eyes once, and unfolded his wings, taking off with a gentle whoosh and soaring out the open window, followed by a less than graceful Errol. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was stood outside of Quality Quidditch Supplies with Fred and George, practically salivating. 

** THE FIREBOLT **

THIS STATE-OF-THE-ART RACING BROOM SPORTS A STREAM-LINED, SUPERFINEHANDLE OF ASH, TREATED WITH A DIAMOND-HARD POLISH ANDHANDNUMBERED WITH ITS OWN REGISTRATION NUMBER. EACH INDIVIDUALLYSELECTED BIRCH TWIG IN THE BROOMTAIL HAS BEEN HONED TOAERODYNAMIC PERFECTION, GIVING THE FIREBOLT UNSURPASSABLE BALANCEAND PINPOINT PRECISION. THE FIREBOLT HAS AN ACCELERATION OF 150 MILESAN HOUR IN TEN SECONDS AND INCORPORATES AN UNBREAKABLE BRAKINGCHARM. PRICE ON REQUEST.