Chapter 2

It was about 1 in the afternoon, we were sat at a table in Florean Fortescue's ice cream parlour. chowing down on our favourite sunday to share. All our books sat in bags tucked under the table. Mum was reading her new cookbook waiting for us to finish our sunday and for Ron and Ginny to come back from quality quidditch supplies. 

"Can we go to eyelop's next? I spied an owl I want, He's so fluffy" I asked setting my spoon down on the table.

"Yes, we can. And after that we'll go and get your wands from Ollivander." Mum said "You guys go and get Imogen's owl and I'll go and find the others."

Fred, George and I grabbed the bags and ran off down the street towards the owl emporium. It was dark and musty inside and it smelled like straw. An old Warlock was stood at the counter talking to the witch there. We stood at the back of the shop waiting for him to leave. Low hoots, soft meows, croaking of toads and a scuffeling of rats filled the small space.  On the top shelf a small, roundish tawny owl sat in his cage. His eyes were big, soft and round, and when they met mine I knew he would be mine. 

"How much for that owl?" I asked, pointing towards him.

"8 galleons, as he's so small. Young  though" The witch said. It was perfect, I only had 8 galleons

"Great. I'll take him." i handed over the money and Fred reached up to pull his cage of the shelf.

"Thanks" I said as we left the shop and wandered down to meet Mum, Ginny and Ron at Ollivanders,

"What are you gong to name him?" George asked as fred handed me the owl.

"I think I'm going to call him Alpha." I said and pushed open the door to ollivanders.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred and George sat at the back of the shop, examining their wands. It was easy for them, only taking 3 or 4 tries and of course they had twin cores. Dragon Heart string for both; Cedar for George and Ash for fred. I, however was slightly more tricky. A steadily growing pile of wands sat on the table, each new wand Ollivander gave me caused my magic to spiral out of control. We had established that a Phoenix feather core was best, but each different wand was clearly not right. After about an hour of trying different wands, Ollivander handed me a long, black wand with Bronze details along the length. 

"Ebony and Phoenix Feather, 13", Swishy but unyielding. Go for Transfiguration." Ollivander said in his gravelly voice. I too the wand and it felt like it was made to fit my hand. I gave it wave and a soft, Slytherin green light filled the room around us. A gust of wind blew my hair back and I knew  this was the one.

"Wonderful, wonderful. The wand has chosen you Miss Weasley." he said, and took mum aside to discuss a price for all three wands. I went and sat with my siblings.

"Immy, that was cool." Ginny said and reached for my wand.

"Thanks Gin, but you cant have my wand." I said, pushed her off and looked at brothers. Ron was looking at me weirdly, seeming to realize he looked away and twiddled his thumbs. 

"You know what this means?" Fred said

"We can't do any magic until september now?" George said

"No, stupid" I said "We are legally two wizards and a witch now we have wands." 

"Correct" Fred said and high fived me. 

"Seven more months until we go to Hogwarts though..." George said

"I know, its so far away" Ron agreed

"We can't wait to be rid of you lot" Ginny said

"Hey!" We all said, indignant. I poked her in the side as mum came over.

"Ginny don't be mean to your siblings." She scolded and then gestured to all of us, "Come on you lot, lets go home" We walked back up diagon alley, toward the leaky cauldron, discussing quidditch. On our family team was strong. Fred and George as beaters, Ron as a keeper, Ginny, Charlie and Bill as chasers and Me as Seeker.Although Charlie and I swapped around quite a bit. We played against other wizarding family's like the diggory's or as smaller teams against ourselves. Quidditch was a huge thing in our Family. Our quidditch team loyalty could cause war like arguments, but it brought us together as a family and that's what made it so good. 

"So what are you and Charlie going to do when you try for seeker?" George asked

"I don't know, but I'm better than him so I should get the spot. He leaves in three years anyway so I'll take the spot when he leaves." I replied "Are you two gonna go for beaters?"

"Obviously!" Fred said, he seemed shocked that I'd even asked, let aloned doubted they would.

"Yeah, I guess it was obvious. Do you guys wanna have a Chaser/keeper game when we get back?" 

"Hell to the yes" They said in unison and ran to the fireplace to set up our game.

A/N I just wanna say a big thank you to @QueenOfTheBeyond for adding my book to her reading list and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Next update soon guys. Oh and let me know if you have and OC you want me to include. ~ Emzzy