A Side Mission?

*Astryd's POV*

"Oh yeah?" I pant, mocking Enrique who just got pinned down by me

"Oh yeah?" I pant, mocking Enrique who just got pinned down by me. I helped him get on his feet by reaching his hands to pull him up to stand.

"I'll get a little rusty. Here, I will be not gentle at you next time." Enrique said, cocking his head to the right and reloading his arms in guarding position. "All the time I just let you win." He added.

"I like taking punches. I can work this all day." I challenged him, tilting my head to the side.

"You have so much tolerance for pain. I knew that." He throws a punch but I instantly dodge it with my right hand. I smirk and strike a punch on the left side of his body. A sound of thud is imminent which I find a little consoling. He let out a grunt and shake it off.

"I will not allow you to hit me this time." He darted me with his deadly stare. Maybe he is pissed now. "I just gave you chances because you are...---"

"Because I am a female? Oh, come on. That's not a good reason and I can take punches more than you do." I cut him off and I knew where this banter will end up.

"Not like that." He retorted but sarcasm is close.

"You're holding back on beating me?" I incredulously remark, looking offended. But yes I am a bit offended and it made my thoughts rage about it. I don't like to be treated like I am a soft one. A weak one. I did my best to not look like one but some people in my working field treated me like that. As a female pilot and a spy, I make it a factor of what they see of me physically than what I can do after I take them down. It's a strategy and it is effective.

"All this time? You're holding back on fighting me, Enrique?" I asked him in a stern tone. "Tell me!"

Enrique has taken a back off what I am saying. He noticed that it fueled me. "Sometimes, I am holding back." He said.

I eased back and turn around, leaving him in the fighting ring. This training is a waste of time if the opponent is not taking me seriously.

"Hey! Wait up. It's not that---"

He tried to reach for me but I quickly took his hand and turn around spinning him and pinned him face down again. Caught him off guard. He grimace as my knees meet his fine face as I pinned his head on the ground. His arm was behind his back. He patted, indicating that he is surrendering.

"Don't underestimate me, Suarez. I hate that." I said. Not calling him by his name. I stood up and headed to get out of the pit.

"Astryd," He called me but I didn't get to turn around to see him. "You called my surname. I know what's that mean." He said softly, cooling down on his mockery.

"I am disappointed at you, Enrique. Don't talk to me." I spat and left him alone.

*

Everyone in the cafeteria is busy minding their food and me here having a lone sick time trying to eat this kind of food. It is a sort of busy where people are indistinctly talking and I feel like I am not going to be able to stay here too long in this area. So I decided to just drink my water and headed outside the building to take a walk around the perimeter.