Chapter 75

In Fact, This Marriage (3)

Really. Just once. Can I hit you?

It was Talin's commentary on Dandelion, who brought the sinner in without permission.

The way he fluttered his curly eyelashes was disgusting.

Talin came to his senses and turned his head to Lily. "Madam. There was no way the chief would allow it. I'm sorry to tell you this about your friend, but he's still a criminal."

Dandelion cried out in shame, "Isn't that a lie? I mean, he really allowed it!"

"Sir Talin." Although she was momentarily embarrassed by her brother's sudden action, Lily quickly calmed down. "Would you mind leaving for a moment? Ten minutes, maybe five."

"Absolutely not." He couldn't make the same mistake twice. Mistaking Tristan for her younger brother was a painful disgrace in his life. "He is a reckless man who threatened the lady in the middle of the castle and touched your body. Even his crimes... In any case, I can never leave my position."

He was like an iron shield.

Talin vowed to himself that no matter how strong and stubborn she might be, no matter how gracefully she appeased, he would not move a step.

"Sir Talin. The day I fainted, were you in Tristan's execution venue?"

His posture momentarily faltered. Bewildered brown wandered over Lily's face. "I... I wasn't there."

Other than the soldiers present, no one knew exactly what had happened the day the death penalty was aborted.

No one dared to speak of the details. Like everyone else, all he knew was that she had collapsed back then.

He looked at her sympathetically.

"I have something to tell him," she said. "I don't have the confidence to share it in front of others, sorry."

"No. I think I'm the one who should apologize, Madam. But..." Talin glared at the culprit who caused this problem. "Please let your brother stay in the room."

Although Dandelion was a helpless person in many ways, Talin couldn't leave her alone in the bedroom with the man who had caused such a ruckus.

Besides, Dandelion didn't seem to want to hurt his sister on purpose.

Lily slowly shook her head. "It will just take a while."

Talin clenched his teeth and nodded. "...I will be standing right outside the door."

"Thank you very much, Sir Talin."

When he opened the door, he saw a man with dark hair.

Tristan's attire was the same as when he first waited for Lily. His shoulders were still bandaged, but he looked pretty decent even with a coat. He even looked natural with his tousled black hair.

The feelings of hostility intensified.

Tristan bowed his back deeply towards him. "Thank you very much for your consideration, Sir Knight."

"Stand with your back to the door. If you touch her, I'll rip your skin off."

Following Talin, Dandelion mouthed, "I'm cheering for you!"

Tristan leaned his back against the closed door and finally saw Lily. Her black dress made her look like someone in mourning, pale face unveiled.

She seemed fragile.

The last he had seen her was when she was shedding tears for him. It was pretty romantic.

Today she was quite different from back then.