Chapter 108

New Hierarchy (2)

He shoved the giant bag into the bathroom with his feet. The muscles in his fitted leather pants twitched.

Crocus looked back at Dandelion and smiled. "Brat, I'm the one who moved it. Why are you exaggerating? All you did was cross the wall with an empty leather bag."

Dandelion, who was sitting in his chair, leaned heavily.

His white shirt was all covered in blood.

After Rocus closed the bathroom door, he walked over to Dandelion and sat down.

He leaned his chin on the backrest and picked up the papers lying on the table. "What is this?"

Dandelion wiped the cold sweat and put both hands on his lap, which he had quietly gathered. "Oh, that. Tiles and curtains. I use it to decorate my house, but study..."

"Are you looking at girls again?"

As Crocus crumpled up a piece of paper, Dandelion tensed up.

"Oh, no. I was helping my sister. My sister made it for me."

"Ah."

His expression softened in an instant. "Okay. Then that's amazing."

Dandelion looked like a playful young man.

Crocus threw the crumpled paper from his hand on the table. A red-stained paper ball tumbled across the table.

He leaned on one of his thighs and leaned crookedly against the backrest, letting out a deep sigh.

"But tell her to do it on her own next time. You keep getting in the wrong way. Anyway, women are supposed to do it."

"Yes. Okay..."

Dandelion quietly nodded, closed his mouth, and looked into his brother's eyes. His gaze was obsessive, as if he should never miss even the slightest change in his brother's expression.

When Crocus didn't say anything, Dandelion asked carefully, "But brother, about those bastards. Should we have cleaned it up like this? You can just leave it alone and report someone killed them. Heuk..."

Dandelion shuddered again at the stench of blood.

"Then you're wrong. What would that be for? Dandelion, I know how to settle it."

"How do you get rid of that?"

"Cut it into small pieces and bury it. It's winter, so it will rot slower, so isn't it fortunate that they can live for a little longer?"

Dandelion was terrified.

"I-I-I'm afraid to have things like that in my room, Brother...."

Rocus furrowed his thick eyebrows.

"You're as scared as a girl. I thought you would come to your senses when you went against them. Have some balls."

Crocus sat down, spreading his arms and legs in a perfect representation of his personality. It was hard to believe that he was the same bloodline as Dandelion or Lily. There was no place in his body that was not thick with muscles.

Crocus raised one of his thighs and leaned crookedly against the backrest, letting out a deep sigh. "Hey. Coming here was a pain in the ass. No matter how many times I ask, they never give me a permit. As rumored, the duke seems to have a pretty shitty personality." He wiped bloody palms on his leather pants.

"Yeah. How did you get in? It wouldn't have been easy."

"I bought the biggest arms dealer in the nearest neighbourhood, and then his father helped me get in. It's all thanks to them."

"Ah. I see..."

As he rolled up his sleeves, he looked towards Dandelion for a moment. His bloody forearm was exposed, with scars and cuts all over him. "Dandelion. Come closer to your brother."

Dandelion felt his anxiety spike as he leaned towards the table.

Crocus got rough. He squeezed his brother's face hard.

"Aww!"

Dandelion collapsed to the floor. A yellow light flashed before his eyes in pain as if his bones were about to break. He touched his face. Blood gushed from his chapped cheeks and lips.

"Tongue, ugh, brother..."

"Sit back quickly."

Dandelion seemed to be quite familiar with the situation, so he raised himself to the chair behind him and sat down. His head was spinning.

"I sent you to take care of your sister and you had an accident like this? Tristan didn't have a tongue when he was sent back. I heard that our sister saved you."

"Well, you were wrong, brother. But I didn't do that on purpose, I tried to do well..."

"Fuck. You really!" Crocus banged on the desk Dandelion flinched as if he had been hit.

"I'm not done talking. Don't talk back." He leaned back on the backrest and slowly lowered his sleeves again.

Clearly, he had been watching him for quite some time today.

"You don't know what you and Tristan did. The Isles is now...." He clenched his teeth. "The prostitutes are disappearing. We never had a missing case in years. I don't mind those who are on the run, but it's a matter of funds depleting. We don't even have Tristan, who was doing the troublesome business for us, so it's really inconvenient for our father."

"How about Tristan..."

"..." Crocus' hand that was knocking on the table stopped.

Dandelion sighed and raised his head. "N-no. I was wrong."

"Did those nobles, who received money from us, start leaving? Cities that are mining chains are annoying. For now, we have basic funds but... there might be a riot if this continues."

He managed to climb to the top. It took a long time to establish a stable position.

It was necessary to raise funds for bribes to be brought to the high-ranking nobles of the capital.

"About our sister's husband... My father thinks that bastard got his hands on something. If that duke isn't willing to give, he has no choice but to suffer."

Dandelion's hips tingled when he heard this clunking sound.

Crocus slowly raised his head. "Where is your sister now?"