Chapter 9

You giggled at him and lead the way to the living room. A large sectional sat in front of the 146" smart TV mounted to the wall. An electronic fireplace fit directly below the TV and a crystal spiral chandelier hung from the ceiling. It was a bit over the top for someone who lives alone but if you're going to be around for all of eternity, you're going to spoil yourself a bit. Quite a bit in your case.

You grabbed the remote from its place in the small storage area of the couch and pulled up the episode you left off on. Denki kept his to-go bag on his lap but you didn't bother teasing him about it. Pulling out of the plastic forks tossed into your bag, you pulled out the s'mores cake and decided to try it. Your eyes lit up and you turned to Denki excitedly.

"The s'more one tastes so good" you beamed

"You're making it hard to save for later" he teased playfully

"You can try mine" you offered with a smile and held a bite to him

"Fine, fine, if you insist" he agreed and leaned in to take the fork into his mouth

He smiled down at you as he chewed, swallowed, and said "Yep, can't say I disagree."

You smiled brighter at him, happy that he enjoyed it too, and cuddled into him white you finished off the slice. The other two of you sliced remained in your lap and off to the side as you watched the rest of season two, episode one.