Till' Death Do You Rest...

I walk out to the training grounds, acting like the pitiful girl that I've been this whole time.

"Zero told us that you're finally ready. Congrats eight!" Twenty-three says as he pays me on the back while they slowly start to take off my shackles.

I nod my head in response to him, being pitiful lil' me...hehe. I watch as the shackles fall off of my wrists and ankles and I fall to my knees.

I feel power surging through my whole body, through my veins, from the very tips of my toes to the tips of each of my fingers.

"Woah....how much mana do you have, eight?" One of them asks me.

But my body hurts so much, I'm burning from the inside out and there's no water to put out this burning sensation.

I fall forward and reach my hands out to catch myself.

As soon as my fingers and palms touch the rough dirt, beautiful flowers and perfect green grass sprouts from the ground up. The air around us starts to pick up, blowing my matted hair in every direction.

I can hear them yelling things but it's all happening too fast.

My heart burns...I clutch my chest, flipping over to my back and my chest starts to glow a bright golden hue, where my heart is.

I feel myself....fazing(?)....in and out of the darkness(?).

[Aconitum what the hells is happening?!...] I hear Dahlias voice in my head as she continues to yell at me but I can't say even one thing to her.

I scream out in pain as everything hits me at full force.

I push past the pain and slowly stand up to my feet as I see everyone running around in chaos. The sun was just out but now it's completely dark outside.

I feel stronger then ever and the only thing that I can think about is killing every last one of these dirty bastards.

My body moves at will and I move faster then I ever had before, as I I'm traveling through each of their shadows and killing them each. It seems as if the darkness is making me stronger and faster.

I guess that there doesn't need to be a lot of light for you to have a shadow.

By the time I get out of my daze, I have blood covering me from head to toe with the most blood on my hands. There's bodies scattered everywhere I walk.

Through the halls of the 'camp' and every cell, even in zeros room.

His body is broken in every way possibly, bones sticking out of each of his limbs, his body twisted like a slide.

And for some reason, all I can do is fall to my knees as I laugh with tears streaming down my face. It's not a joyous laugh, not even a hint of happiness in it. Maybe it's just a coping laugh(?).

"I-I thought that I hadn't been broken.....I thought there was still hope f-for me....ahhh~....I'm broken..." I say the last part sadly as I look at my blood covered hands.

They're so small yet they've caused so much damage...I am no longer scared of these guys...I think that.....I'm scared of myself...

[T answer me! What's happening?! The empire is in chaos right now because a powerful surge of energy has been felt! Everyone bowed down as soon as they felt it, even the king! What's going on?!] Dahlia screams at me through our connection.

"What if...I hurt her?" I ask myself out loud as the tears continue to stream down my face.

What is wrong with me? I thought that I wanted this- no, I did and I do want this...I think. What have I done? This wasn't what I imagined, I didn't know that I was capable of this.

I-I just...I don't even know anymore.

But I know one thing for sure...I want to go home, I want to be home right now.

A black layer of smoke immediately covers my body and I get up and leave the room, moving as if I'm a just a shadow. My movements are fast, I don't know where I'm going or how I'm going to get there...but at least I'm going.

As I destroy the fence that has kept me captive for what seems like eternity, I use whatever the darkness is inside of me and destroy the rest of the 'camp' without batting an eye.

[Please T....please answer me...I'm so scared right now.] Dahlia says to me and I feel her pain through our connection.

Me too, Dahlia...me too.

Whatever darkness that is covering me right now, it brings me around. Moving in the shadows as if it's rushing to get me someone.

The same power is still flowing through my veins.

It's making me sensitive to everything, my senses are at their highest right now. I feel everything, I'll feel as if I'm walking on air.

I have blood, dirt, and tears dried on me, plus anything else that I might've come across.

I pass by people who don't even see me, I pass through villages, unaware of how I'm doing all of this, any of this. I feel myself becoming numb, I feel myself existing but not living.

Breathing but suffocating, tired but restless, complete but empty as if I'm an empty canvas carrying the prettiest painting.

Before I even know it, weeks and days pass by in a blur while the nights become longer then I ever noticed.

And then, I stop moving and I look up to find myself in front of the gates of my families dukedom. Whatever helped me get back...home(?)....thank you, but this place no longer feels like a home but a normal house.

There are no guards protecting the gates...what's happening right now?

I fall to my knees as I stare at the bright dukedom that's covered by the night sky. How can it shine even when the darkness is overshadowing it?

I feel my small body slowly fall forward as the world spins around me. No one came for me, I heard no one around me, I just passed out while surrounded in darkness.

All alone...