What Have You Been Keeping From Me?

I look at the food on my plate. It's been two and a half months since I've been back. Me and Dahlias classes have resumed but they gave us harder classes that are up to our levels.

The food that they serve me only makes me loose my appetite when I'm still use to what I ate before, if I even ate.

"May I be excused, mother ad father?" I ask with a sigh as I place down my fork

"But honey, you haven't even touched your-" My mother starts saying but my father interrupts.

"Yes, have a good night." He says as he gently squeezes my mothers hand.

I stand from my chair as I walk out of the dining room without sparing anybody a glance. They just pity me and what I've been through.

They have no idea how much worse that it makes.

I've already gotten past everything that's happened to me. In some ways, I'm sorta glad that it all happened, I've gotten stronger, faster, and my manas always at a all time high.

Me and Dahlia no longer share a room since I needed some space from her. She's the worst out of all of them.

I know that she only has good intentions, but she makes me feel suffocated and she's been acting so strange lately.

I have an inkling that she's hiding something but we've always been honest with each other. I've been honest with her so why is she hiding something from me and what is it?

Ugh- all this is making my head hurt.

I feel someone grab my shoulder and on instinct I grab their arm and twist it around their back until I heart my sister yell my name in pain.

I release her and clench my fists as I hide them behind my back.

"I'm sorry, you caught me by surprise..." I say as I slightly lower my head.

She pats my head as she says.

"It's okay, I understand. It was on instinct and I did come at you without warning you!" She says cheerfully.

Sometimes when this happens, I just wished she berate me, scorn me or at least hit me. But no- she always says that it fine and forgives me without hesitation.

I nod my head without giving her a proper response.

She doesn't say anything else so I walk past her, down the long halls and taking the needed turns until I arrive outside my room.

I look to my side and see that she's still with me.

"What's wrong?" I ask her,

"N-nothing- actually, i-it's been a wh-while since we've hung o-out. D-do you wanna d-do some-something together?" She asks me hesitantly.

That's right, I've been busy trying to keep my thoughts out of the past so I've busied myself with swordsmanship, magic, and knowledge.

I can't believe I even thought about that...the old me would have scolded me for such thoughts about 'knowledge'...ha~.

"Sure." I tell her as I nod my head.

"Yay! Okay so would you maybe wanna practice magic again? Like old times?" She asks me again.

We've both gotten stronger with out magic. She has graceful and elegant magic, her song magic and spacial magic are strong but 'lady' like.

My magic is the opposite of hers.

Where she has song magic, I have dark magic.

Where she has spacial magic, I have light magic that I'm trying to learn to use for healing since light magic has healing affinities.

My mother will die before we go to the academy, and that's when the actual story line begins, that's why we were villainess.

Because when our mother died, we had nothing left. Then again, we weren't the original twins so our lives and everything about us was different then.

"Sure." I tell her as I open my door for her.

She walks in first and I walk in after her, closing the door behind us.

"It'll be just like old times, I swear! Except now we are....stronger so it'll be even different." She exclaims with a bright smile on her face.

She looks just like our mother...everything but the eyes.

"Yeah....just like old times." I say to her as we both crawl onto my bed.

Just like old times? No- cause nothing will ever be the same.

"What are you keeping from me Dahlia?" I ask her bluntly.

Her head snaps in my direction and she looks at me with wide eyes. She's never been good at keeping secrets for too long.

"W-what ar-are you t-talking a-about?" She says nervously as she stutters over her own words.

"What are you hiding from me?" I ask her again as I lean forward, letting my shadow attribute slowly take over the room.

I see her start shaking and trembling as she looks at the room that's getting darker by each passing second.

"N-nothing! Nothing! W-we don't keep th-things from each o-other, remember?" She says as she makes eye contact with me but she ends up looking away again.

"Yes, I remember." I say as I put away my shadow attribute and I lean back.

"Yeah...." She says as she trails off.

"But, as a kind warning for the future, whatever you are hiding from me....you better make sure that I don't find out because from the way you are reacting, it's bad." I warn her and she quickly nods her head.

"I'd never k-keep anything from y-you." She says, almost confidently.

"Maybe we should do this some other time, I'm tired." I tell her.

"Yeah okay, another time." She says as she slides off of my bed and walks to the door "Good night Aconitum." She gives me a small wave before waking out and she closes the door behind her.

"I won't..." I mumble as I slide under my bed covers.

Whatever she's trying so hard to hide from me, I already know that it's going to be bad.

So she better start trying better to hide it from me because this is the new me, in a new world, with new things and experiences.

I look at one of the 'eight' scars on my arm.

Zero carved it into my parts of my body so that I remembered that my name is eight and nothing else. But I will always remember who I am, even if I forget who other people are.