The Cinderella Of The Banquet

Irenia's POV

I twirl around and switch partners, my partner now being Jason. He's the archmage here and I can't say that I'm surprised.

"Your highness." He greets me "I feel as if we've met before. Have we?" He asks me.

"I don't know, but if we had, I still wouldn't remember you." I tell him and he lets out a short, hearty, laugh.

"I thought that you'd be something else. And if I may be so bold to add, I thought that you'd be a girl thriving for everyone's attention." He whispers to me.

I smirk...I guess that it's time to give them a lead.

"I'd say 'I hate to burst your bubble' but that'd be a lie. I am glad that you were wrong." I tell him in a whisper too.

Before he can say anything, I twirl and switch partners again. And this time I end up with Noah.

"Your majesty." I greet him.

"Your highness. I see that you have met the archmage of my empire. Tell me, did he do anything wrong?" He asks me with a playful smile on his face.

"Yes...sadly he danced with me." I say and we both let out short laughs.

"I have heard many rumors about you, everyone has. You will be a great queen in the future, I can tell." He tells me.

I smirk before I say.

"Sadly, I'll be bursting your bubble too. I won't become a queen nor do I plan to." I tell him and his face morphs into confusion.

"Whys that?" He asks me.

"I plan on becoming king, that's why." I tell him as I twirl around and leave him too.

My next partner is Damian...*sigh*...I feel like the world is against me right now. Why can't I just get a normal dance partner who I don't know personally?

"Your highness." Damian greets me.

"What should I call you? The emperors dog? The emperors shadow? I don't know..." I say as I trail off.

His eyebrows twitch in irritation at my words and I just grin up at him.

"What should I call you? Whore?" He asks me so I 'accidentally' shove the heel of my heel into his foot but I make sure not to mess up the dance.

I look away so that I don't laugh at his facial expression but I still laugh a little.

I realize that I'm about to have to switch partners again so I decide to anger the emperors dog a little more, as well as give him a new lead to the missing 'Aconitum'.

"I can see why Aconitum Grace Thorn abandoned you all now." I say with a smirk on my face as he freezes in his spot with an unreadable facial expression.

Like before, I twirl around and move onto my next dance partner.

Even after I join my next partner, he doesn't move and he just stares at me. After a few more partner switching I decide that I'm done with dancing so I excuse myself before moving over to a unoccupied table.

I sit down and watch as the dance shortly comes to an end.

Damian rallies the other boys together, including my   ex-brother, into a secluded corner as they whisper amongst themselves.

"Is this seat free?" I hear a familiar voice say from above me and I look up to see Jessie standing there.

"Yes." I tell her and she slides into the seat next to me "Greetings your highness." She says as she respectfully nods her head.