First Night Of Winter

Third Person POV

The little girl passes out, landing on the hard ground outside of the place she once recognized as a home but it's only a house for her now.

The imperial palace is in uproar at her power surge, not knowing that it was the little deadly flower that had finally been freed from her small prison.

The Thorn family, as well as the other respective nobles are at the palace due to the kings command.

The little withering Dahlia sits in a corner as the adults yell and shout at each other, trying to figure out something so simple yet so complicated.

Dahlia doesn't give up on trying to get through her sister that's waiting at the Thorn Dukedom for her.

Seven little boys sit next to the crying Dahlia, trying to comfort her as some of them cry to. No one truly knows what happened and what's going on.

Dahlia is scared for her sister, she truly loves her sister more then anything else...but she has one dark secret that can cause these two little girls to separate.

The strong and ominous power that they had felt and feared, disappears as if it had never appeared in the first place. Everyone is nervous, thinking that something bad will happen at any given second.

But the king can't keep his strongest noble families at the palace for long and he, as well as everyone else in the room, know it to be true.

"Dahlia, it's time for us to go back home." Alina says as tears fall down her beautiful but pale face.

The six little boys go back to their parents and go home with them.

"I-I'm so scared, momma!" Dahlia sobs as she holds her mothers legs tightly.

"I know, sweetie, we all are." Alina says as she picks up her daughter, walking out of the palace with her youngest daughter, her only son and her husband.

Theodor doesn't even mutter a word the whole ride back to the Thorn Dukedom.

Before they reach the gates, the carriage comes to a hard stop, making everyone flinch in the carriage as the coachmen tries to calm his horses down.

He gets down from the seat on the carriage and he moves in front of his horses to find a little girl, bloody, tiny, malnourished and frail.

"What's going on? We are just outside the gates!" Alina yells as she steps out of the carriage, her three family members staying inside.

She moves to the coachmen and sees a little girl on the hard floor, barley breathing and even though she looks unrecognizable, a mother always recognizes her children.

"My baby!" She screams as she falls to her daughters side, bringing her frail body into her arms "My baby! What has happened to my baby?!" The woman screams as tears fall down her face like a water fall.

Her husband and children hear the commotion and waste no time to rush out of the carriage and go to her side.

Dahlia breaks down into tears as her older brother silently cries while holding her. Theodor holds his wife as he yells at his men to open the gates.

The woman doesn't let her child go even as she gets back into the carriage as they race back to the main house of the dukedom.

The people working in the dukedom waste no time calling the family's doctor, and preparing anything else that the sad family need needed. Even though some of them wouldn't admit it out loud, all of the servants missed Aconitum dearly.

She kept a lively atmosphere in the dukedom. She kept everything interesting and bright.

But after she was taken, nothing was the same afterwards. The family moved on eggshells as they reminisced about the little poisonous flower that was no longer there.

The doctors immediately get to work, cleaning open and closed wounds that spread across the small girls body.

Scars also scatter her body.

The maids clean the small girl while trying to stay out of the doctors way so that they may help her.

Even after her body is stitched up, cleaned from top to bottom, her matted hair brushed and washed, she still Al's it seems unrecognizable. None of her family members leave her side as the servants send a letter of her arrival to the imperial palace.

The messenger goes as fast as his horse will take him as the moon shines down on them from the sky.

As the messenger arrived at the imperial palace, telling the knights of this joyous but sad news, they let him in and he runs through the halls until he arrives at the kings office.

He knocks on the wide oak doors, three times, no less and no more.

"What is it?! I'm busy!" The king yells from inside his office as he pulls at his hair.

"Your majesty, I am a messenger from the Thorn dukedom. I have an urgent message sent and written by Duke Thorn himself." The messenger says as he tries to catch his breath.

The kings head snaps up at the poor messengers words. The king feels his anger rise but he tries to hide it as he tells the messenger to come in.

"Come in, I can put aside some work for our strongest dukedom." The king says through clenched teeth as he hides his anger.

The messenger pushes open the wide double, oak wood, doors and walks to the king after he bows and greets himself.

"Do you know the contents of it?" The king asks the messenger.

The messenger where's a giant smile, unknowingly worsening the kings mood.

"Lady Aconitum Grace Thorn has come back home. That is all I know, the rest is in the letter from Duke Thorn." The messenger says as he places the letter in the kings hand.

"Thank you, send my congratulations to the Duke for me, you may leave now." The king says through clenched teeth at the news.

The messenger bows again before he swiftly walks out of the kings office, closing the door behind him before he rushes back to the Thorn dukedom.

After the door closes, the king finds himself knocking everything off of his desk in anger at the news.

Maybe Dahlia isn't the only one who is hiding a dark secret....

The king stands up as he stomps towards the fireplace in his office. He rips the letter open in anger and his eyes scan the words of the letter. Each word he reads, makes his anger burn even more.

{{Dear King Julius Lexington,}}

{{My daughter was found at the doorsteps outside of our home at the gates. She is currently in critical condition and has a slim chance of survival but we are praying for the best. }}

{{I have sensed that powerful mana coming from my baby girl. I have no idea what she's been through but I can tell that my little girl came out the victor since she is with us as I write this letter to you. My family is in deep despair so I will have to request some time off of my duties to devote my time to the people who need me the most.}}

{{Duke Theodor Thorn.}}

The king angrily tears the letter to shreds before tossing the torn up letter into the fire.