Chapter 2 : It's Never Over

As the gloomy morning was brought to life, the claps of thunder outside woke me up. I look down at Melony, who was still sleeping on my chest. I smile at the sight. She seemed at peace, I didn't want to ruin it. Until I heard a faint voice call to me.
"Axol."
I look around until I saw a transparent glowing form of Niles. He was standing there, the wound I gave him before endlessly bleeding into nothing. His hair was still tossed to the side, the small braid Melony gave him with a bow barely visible. I blink.
"I'm dreaming, aren't I?"
"Haha, not quite, bud. I've just come to warn you."
"Warn me?"
"Yes. Do you remember that day when Melony lost control of her powers and went on a rampage across town?"
"I remember."
"That may happen again."
"What? But I thought you helped her control it?"
"I did. But someone- no, something is trying to get it out."
"It?"
"The Deity who gave her the powers. The Fierce Deity, who made her go on the rampage a while back."
"I.. I see."
"Don't worry, I'll try my best to keep whatever is after it away. I'll need to be in Melony's conscience in order to do it."
"Even though your a ghost?"
Niles laughs. "As a ghost, you can do anything."
And then he just disappeared, as quick as he arrived. I gave myself some long thinking about the situation. Why could something be trying to take Melony's powers away? I look down at the poor girl. I rub my hand against her back, occasionally giving her gentle massages to keep her relaxed. While doing so, I stared up at the ceiling above us. A part of me just doesn't trust Niles after what happened last time. But maybe he's changed for the better, even though he's dead. I don't know. I just don't know..