Chapter 10 : Mother and Son

Moments before.. [Melony's POV]

I looked to where Eveline was and saw that she had disappeared from my mind. I was free, but there were bigger problems. I can hear the sounds of someone being choked outside my physical body. I look at Niles, who had just woke up from his unconscious state.
"Niles, are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm good. Why, whats up?"
"Something's going on out there, and Eveline's gone."
"She must've put matters into her own hands."
He stood up and ran past me. I stand up too.
"Wait, what are you doing?"
"You're obviously not in the right mindset to fight at the moment. I may as well do it for you."
"I appreciate your concern for my mental stability, but how? You're dead, remember?"
"I'm going to possess your body again. Is that alright?"
"If it gets the job done, yeah I'm okay with it."
"Good. Now don't worry, I won't harm your physical body. Or try not to anyway."
"You better not, I'm fragile."
Niles chuckles before giving me a soft smile.
"Hey. Before I go."
"Hmm?"
"Are we still friends?"
I take a moment to think, but then smile just as softly.
"Yeah, we're friends."
Niles holds out his fist for a fist bump, I complete it.
"Hey, why don't we work together?"
"How will that work?"
"I'll be your eyes and you move me around."
"Good idea. But are you sure its going to work? I never had an instance where two people possessed one body."
"We can be the first. Plus, like I said, we're friends. Friends help each other out, no matter the circumstances."
Niles crosses his arms, but sighs. "Yeah, you can help."
We both turn around.
"Now let's go."

Present time.. [Axol's POV]

"Niles."
I looked over at Melony. Her eyes were swirling white and red. She was starting to transform to her Fierce Deity form. Her voice had begun to distort, changing to Niles's voice.
"Yes. It's me."
Suddenly, her head twitched. Her voice was then Melony's.
"And me too! We're working together!"
I looked at Eveline. She looked pissed.
"What happened to your path to destroy the multiverse?"
Her voice changed to Niles's again.
"I didnt want to destroy anything. I only wanted to create the perfect one for me and Zero. But Melony and Axol have made me realize something before I died. I had already found it."
"But Smg0's dead now, isn't he? And so are you, all because you were too greedy for destruction. For power. Even after you met your friends, you were still desperate for a perfect world, but what good is it when you don't have-"
"You better take his name out of your mouth now!"
Eveline put a hand deep in her mouth and took it out again. Melony gagged.
"Not literally!"
"You told me to. Anyway, the point is even now, when you are trying to play a hero in facing me, you are no hero. You've done countless evil deeds. Nothing will ever change that, not even in death. I don't understand how these people are still your friends and forgive you."
"You say I'm the villain when you're the one who tried corrupting me until I realized what you were wanting to do with me. Truth be told, you were the one who tied my strings and tugged at them. I only wanted a perfect world. You wanted destruction."
"Now don't go pointing fingers. You knew in order for a perfect world to be ensued, some chaos had to be placed."
I decided to step in. "Niles, are you saying she was controlling you?"
"It's complicated. I had some free will, but she was still controlling me, nonetheless."
"I dont have time for arguments of the past. Are you wanting to fight or not, son?"
"Do not call me your son. I am not your child no longer, and neither is Melony! We are free!"
They were gone to the sky before I knew it. Sarah hugged me a bit tighter. I looked down at her.
"We need to go."
"Okay. I'm getting thirsty."
I ran toward the castle with her in my arms.