Morning, Sunshine!

I woke up to the smell of maple syrup.
Blinking my eyes open, I turned to see an Eddie-shaped dent in the bed next to me and slowly sat up.
This man can not be cooking right now.
I stood up and opened the bedroom door, peeking my head around the door frame to see if I could spot the mysterious cook making breakfast that absolutely could not be Eddie Munson.
I saw the back of a curly head leaned over the stove and smiled.
"Trying to burn the place down, Munson?"
He turned with a look of concentration still stuck on his face. Seeing me, he smiled widely and waved the spatula he was gripping at me like a sword.
"Ah! Good morning Sunshine! My fair maiden has awoken. Now make haste and join me for a duel," he drawled in that stupid DND wizard voice he always likes to use. I put my hand on my hip and stared him up and down.
"You know you're not a very threatening opponent in that apron."
He looked down sheepishly for a moment before looking back up and smiling less cartoonishly. I grinned and he walked towards me, bending down to kiss my forehead.
"You got me there. I may not be a formidable duel master but I am attempting to be a decent griddle master," he winked, gesturing at the stovetop. Peeping around him, I could see a few uneven circles of batter browning on the griddle behind him and looked up at him in surprise.
"You, a griddle master? Eddie-"
"I'm good at it! Come here, look at these bad boys."

He pulled me over to the stovetop so I could look at the pancakes for myself. He already had a small stack piled onto a big plate next to the stove and I leaned down to smell it.
"Not even a hint of your infamous burnt aroma. What sorcery did you use to make these, Munson?"
He shrugged and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.
"Can't tell ya. Top secret information, really shouldn't even be making the recipe to tell the truth."
He leaned in and his lips grazed my ear. Expecting something sensual, I was not prepared for his next sentence.

"They put cameras in the chocolate chips so I had to eat them all to protect our identities."
I looked up at him and rolled my eyes, pushing him off me. Seeing the empty bag of chocolate chips sitting on the counter, I walked over to it and waved it at him.
"You ate this whole thing?"
He shook his head somberly.
"There was only a handful left. The fate of our country and the lives of millions depended on me eating those chips babe. I did it for America," he saluted into the air and stood at attention like an idiot.
I shook my head and hopped up onto the counter to watch him while he cooked.
"So these spies are just getting a tour of your intestinal track essentially?"
He smiled and nodded, happy I was playing along with his ridiculousness.
"Indeed. Better they know the ins & outs of my colon rather than the Pentagon, am I right?"
I snorted and noticed the rising steam behind Mr. Griddle Master.

"Alright Batman calm down. So hold on, does this mean you inherited their spy knowledge since you ate their spy equipment?"
He nodded gravely.
"Like Batman, I choose to fight for the good side."
"So with these spy powers you know pretty much everything going on in the world right now? Like you're all knowing?"
He shrugged and leaned against the counter next to me dramatically.
"It's a burden I must carry."
I smirked and pointed at the griddle.
"So you're letting the pancakes burn on purpose then?"
His eyes widened and he shot up, stepping over to the griddle to flip the pancakes. As I predicted, this batch was a little crispier on the bottom than his first batch had been.

"It only happened because you distracted me. I was killing it before you got here," he pouted.
"Aww poor baby. Am I cramping your flapjack flow right now?," I teased.
He glared at me and turned back towards the griddle, flipping the last batch of pancakes before setting them on the big plate off to the side.
"Yes. Shut up."
I laughed and walked up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist.
"Tell me: is it illegal to distract the cook, Mr. Munson?"
His arm snaked around and he pulled me off his back, positioning me in front of him.
With one swift movement he had bent me over the counter in front of him, pushing up against me. Bending over to whisper in my ear, I could feel him enjoying this just as much as I was.
"I don't know. Is it illegal to fraternize with the witness?"
I looked back at him and grinned.
He arched an eyebrow and grabbed my hips, pulling me even tighter against him.
He started kissing my neck and I shivered as his kisses started getting lower down my back.
I wiggled a little to get out from under him and he let up, turning me around to face him so my back was against the counter now.
"Let me guess: breakfast first, fuck later?"
I smiled and nodded.
"You spent all that time making those pancakes. I'd feel bad if we didn't eat a couple."
He chuckled and pulled me into a soft kiss. He pulled away and held my face in his hands, searching my eyes.
I tilted my head confused and he smiled again.
"You're so cute, you know that?"
I winked and walked over to grab us some plates from the cabinet.
"I may have been told something like that once or twice."