Dragons

After weeks of begging I finally wore Eddie down and he agreed to holding his DND club at our house. Now anyone who knows about DND may be wondering: why the fuck would you want those sweaty loud nerds in your house?
And the answer is simple: trolling.

Eddie is a whirlwind and I know for a fact that Gareth and the others are just as fucking insane. Eddie gets to be the chaotic one and I'm always the chiller of the two of us so that's what everyone expects BUT I've been having a craving for fuckery lately and I need a full audience to make it more satisfying.
The guys were coming over in about 2 hours and Eddie was busy spreading out his maps and portfolios on our dining room table.
I wanted to be a good host before I trolled the shit out of Eddie and our guests so I made an effort to put together some nice snacks for everyone. My final snack was currently on some cooling racks and the second those shortbread cookies were done cooling down, I was ready to ice them with some really interesting artwork.

A few things to know before the trolling commences:

1) I've been baiting Eddie into "deez nuts" jokes lately and tonight at DND I was prepared to pull the most elite one yet.

My favorite thing about my relationship with Eddie is that he always starts the clownery but I lead the circus, meaning that every troll move he's pulled on me has come back to bite him in the ass weeks later. I've been biding my time waiting for the perfect opportunity and tonight in front of all his friends I was going to commit such heinous acts of fuckery that he'd be pissy for days afterwards.

2) Every time he makes me mad or irritated I like to go into his office where his band equipment is and plug my phone into his speakers to blast pop music like Imagine Dragons and Ed Sheeran that he despises.
I also lock myself in the room and that makes him even more irritated cuz he has to go hunt for the keys (that I made sure to hide before blasting the music) to the soundtrack of my choosing.
Eddie swears that the beginning notes to "Shape of You" haunts his nightmares and honestly I'm proud of myself for that one.
I also point out frequently that they share the same name and that makes him spiral even more.

The timer on the cookies went off and I was ready to pipe some beautiful creations onto these bad boys.

***
The boys had arrived and settled into their game almost immediately upon arrival. I made sure not to be overly eager as I gave friendly hugs and greetings so as not to give away my plans for fuckery and headed upstairs to bide my time. After 2 long hours I finally prepared to commence my first warning of the impending "deez nuts" doomsday joke and pulled out my phone. We splurged a few months ago on a TV set that allows us to remotely control certain features from an app and I intended to utilize that feature.
I selected the channel I wanted and switched on the TV downstairs.
Instantly I heard the theme song to "Dragon Tales" echoing up the stairs followed by a chorus of "what the fuck"s.
I crept to the landing on the stairs and watched as a very confused Mike walked over to the TV and shut it off.
"Dude don't tell me you watch Dragon Tales unironically."
"Fuck off, Wheeler. It was probably just a weird power surge or something I don't know. Let's stay focused gentleman; only 2 rolls left to decide your fate."
The guys all cheered and I smiled to myself.
He really was a good leader. Plus his campaigns were always incredibly well thought out and I always liked watching him scour over fantasy books trying to come up with new storylines.

What a shame that this campaign would always remind him of why I am the superior troll in this relationship.

I heard the dice roll across the table and quickly opened my phone to the next song I wanted to play. I skipped ahead a little bit in the music video to make sure the lyrics started immediately and cranked the volume on my app all the way.
I switched on the TV downstairs and "Thunder" by Imagine Dragons came on downstairs.
I heard Eddie yell "Jesus H Christ!" and watched him march over to shut the TV off. I switched it back on the moment he got back to the dining room and he groaned loudly.
"Oh sweetheart?," he called in a sing-songy voice. I ran behind a wall as Eddie approached the landing and yelled up.
"Your music is playing downstairs, not upstairs!"
I backed up and yelled, "It shouldn't be! What's the artist?"
"Uh...Imagine Dragons."
"Dude you know I don't listen to that shit! Give me a little credit here."
I heard him laugh and silently high-fived myself. He was falling right into my trap.
"Okay babe well I guess we've got an electric issue then. Talk later!"
He walked back to his buddies and I let them get back into the swing of things for a moment of quiet before the storm.

The final dice roll landed and the boys' cheers echoed throughout the house. I heard high fives and Eddie congratulating them on beating the dragon king he'd made up and I decided it was time for my final warning.
Running downstairs I walked into the dining room and waved at the boys. They always looked a little nervous whenever I entered the room especially when they were nerding out so I made my way past them as quickly as possible into the kitchen.

Staring at the square cookies I had decorated, I was already anticipating the look on Eddie's face when he realized he'd been set up. The cookies were designed to make up a drawing and I mixed a few up so the picture wouldn't be immediately obvious. I picked up the tray they were on and carried it into the dining room. Thankfully Eddie had cleared the maps away so I had a place to set it down and I walked into the dining room happily carrying the cookies. The guys all looked at me and then at Eddie and I set the tray down before addressing everyone.
"Okay so I know I already put snacks out and everything BUT I made these for you guys cuz I knew you'd win!"
I winked and the group looked at each other before advancing on the cookies.
"Well shit. Thanks y/n," Lucas said.
"Yeah seriously," Gareth agreed. Mike nodded in appreciation and reached for one.
"Wait wait wait. Does anyone else see part of a picture?," Dustin asked, holding out a hand to block the others from grabbing cookies.
He looked up at me and I smiled.
"Perhaps I did some artsy shit while I waited for everyone to get here."
The guys looked at each other and Dustin lit up.
"So it's like a puzzle?"
I laughed.
"I mean it's not a super hard one but yeah I guess so. Feel free to figure it out if you want."
He nodded and started arranging the cookies.
Eddie raised an eyebrow at me and I smiled, waving him over to their side of the table so he could watch Dustin piece the final part of my plan together.

After a few moments Dustin stood up and held his hands up happily.
"I got it! And it's super cool."
The guys behind him let out a chorus of "Woah"s and "Holy shit"s.
I smiled and laid out the final hypothetical garnish on the steaming plate of fuckery I was about to serve Eddie.
"Kinda nuts, right?"
The guys nodded including Eddie, though he had a mildly suspicious look on his face.
"What do you think Edward?"
He glared at me briefly and surveyed the tray.
"Yeah I mean that dragon is pretty nuts."
A gigantic grin spread over my face and the whole group of guys stared at me in confusion as they munched on the cookies. Eddie's look of suspicion increased tenfold and he side-eyed the cookies. I took the silence as my perfect opportunity and finally dropped the bomb.

"Imagine dragon these nuts on your face, ohhhh!"

The entirety of Hellfire erupted with their own "OHHHHH!," as they pointed at Eddie.
Eddie stared at me with pure despair and slowly turned to look at the TV.
"Dragon Tales...Imagine Dragons...YOU SET THIS JOKE UP FOR 2 HOURS?!"
I laughed and nodded smugly.
"2.5 if you count the time it took for the cookies to bake."
Eddie slow blinked at me and then looked at the rest of the guys. They were all holding back laughter now that Eddie had gone silent and only I was left sporting a shameless grin.
"You little shit. That was fucking devious. Like...the dedication you put into this...wait."
His eyes grew wider as he realized just how dedicated I had been.

"Is this why you wanted us to host for once? So you could orchestrate this whole thing?"
I resisted the urge to cackle.
"Perhaps."
Eddie slow blinked at me again and I couldn't hold back the laughter anymore. Apparently neither could the boys cuz they also started cracking up again.
"Gee thanks gentlemen! Glad I can count on you to support me in these trying times," he scoffed.
Dustin wiped a tear from his eye and patted Eddie on the back.
"Dude they totally got you."
Eddie glared at him.
"Yeah thanks for the reminder Henderson."

The guys collected their stuff and headed out on the incredibly beautiful note of my "deez nuts" joke. Eddie put an arm around my neck the moment the guys left and threatened to "Mike-Tyson me into the couch" for trolling him all night.
"Aww you wouldn't Munson. You love me too much."
Eddie's eyes crinkled though he tried not to smile.
"Shut up."