Chapter 5: Slugs and Mudbloods

Raven POV

Over the next few days, I had to assist Harry in avoiding Lockhart. Every time we would see him in a corridor I would drag Harry away as fast as I could. Lockhart seemed to get the hint that I didn't like him. I would give him a death glare every time he wanted to say something to me. 

Even harder to avoid was Colin Creevey, who seemed to memorize Harry's schedule. Every time he saw Harry he would say "All right, Harry?" multiple times a day. Harry would say Hello back, but was starting to get annoyed by the constant attention, as was I. 

I felt like Harry's personal bodyguard, but I'd rather him not be surrounded by all that unwanted attention. I would protect my friend. I apologized to Hermione about what I said to her.

Hedwig was still angry at Harry for the awful trip in Mr. Weasley's flying car, and Ron was still having problems with his broken wand. You never knew what would happen next, as it would shoot out sparks at random.

Once the weekend hit, I was sitting in the courtyard with Ron and Hermione, and we saw Harry and his Quidditch team walking by us. The Slytherin Quidditch team had also made their way to the courtyard. Wood the Gryffindor Captain saw the Slytherin team approach them. "I don't believe it." Wood said walking up to them. "Flint! This is our practice time! We got up specially! You can clear off now! I booked the field!" Wood shouted at Flint the Captain of the Slytherin team.

"Relax, Wood, I got a specially signed note here from Professor Snape." Flint said handing it to Wood.

Wood opened it and read it aloud.

"I Professor S. Snape, give the Slytherin team permission to practice today on the Quidditch field owing to the need to train their new Seeker."

"You've got a new Seeker? Who?" Wood asked. And from behind the six large figures before them came a seventh, smaller boy, smirking all over his pale, pointed face. It was Draco Malfoy.

"Aren't you Lucius Malfoy's son?" Fred questioned. Hermione, Ron, and I joined beside the Gryffindor's.

"Funny you should mention Draco's father." Flint said as him and his team smiled mockingly. "Let me show you the generous gift he's made to the Slytherin team." The Slytherin team held out their broomsticks. Seven highly polished, brand-new handles, and seven sets of fine gold lettering spelling the words Nimbus Two Thousand and One gleamed under the Gryffindor's' noses in the early morning sun.

"You see, unlike some, my father can afford the best." Draco said mockingly. 

Wow, someone's full of themselves. I thought.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw team had to buy their way in." Hermione said sharply. "They got in on pure talent." Draco sneered at Hermione.

"No one asked for your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood." Draco spat. There were gasps at the sound of his words. I was about to pounce on Draco but Ron beat me to it.

"You'll pay for that one Malfoy. Eat slugs!" Ron cast with his broken wand. I jet of green light flickered and Ron flew backwards hitting the ground. Me and the Gryffindor team rushed over to him.

"Ron! Ron! Are you alright?" squealed Hermione. Ron wasn't saying anything as he looked to be sick.

"Ron, say something." I said. Ron opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. Instead he gave an almighty belch and several slugs dribbled out of his mouth on the ground. Loud ewws were heard across the courtyard. The Slytherin team burst into laughter which pissed me off even more.

"C'mon lets take him to Hagrid's he'll know what to do." Harry said as he and Hermione helped Ron up. Colin came up and took a picture of Ron puking slugs.