Chapter 9: Parents

Raven POV

Sunday morning, Hermione, Ron, and I were in Moaning Myrtles bathroom brewing the first steps of the Polyjuice Potion. We heard the door to the bathroom open and I quickly went into a stall while the other two went into another one. They were whispering to each other. Seriously guys, do you not know the meaning of hiding. I thought.

"It's me." I heard a voice and recognized it as Harrys. I exited my stall as did the other two.

"Harry!" I said happily. "Good to see you, how's your arm, mate?" I asked.

"Much better, thank you." He said.

"We'd've come to meet you, but we decided it'd be best to get started on the potion as soon as possible." Ron said. "We've decided this is the safest place to do it, since no one comes in here."

"Did you guys hear about Colin?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, Raven informed us about it." Hermione said.

"Why were you with Dumbledore that night Raven?" Harry asked.

"He wanted to talk to me about pointing my wand at Lockhart on the Quidditch field." I explained.

"Did you get in trouble?" Harry asked.

"No, he just said to not do it again." I said.

"You always get off scot free." Ron complained. "I'll get you to get in trouble one of these days, and laugh just like you did with my howler."

"Nah, I'll die before that happens." I smirked.

"Anyways." Hermione started. "We wanted to get started early because the sooner we get a confession out of Malfoy the better."

"D'you know what I think? He was in such a foul temper after the Quidditch match, he took it out on Colin." Ron said.

"There's something else." Harry said as Hermione and I added more ingredients to the potion. "Dobby came to visit me in the middle of the night." We all looked up at him, amazed. "He sent that rogue Bludger after me and stopped us from getting on the train Ron." Harry explained.

"You know what, Harry. If he doesn't stop trying to save your life he's going to kill you." Ron said.

"Yeah no kidding, but he also told me that The Chamber of Secrets has been opened before." Harry said. We went wide-eyed.

"That settles it." Ron said. "Lucius Malfoy must've opened the Chamber when he was at school here and now he's told dear old Draco how to do it. It's obvious. Wish Dobby'd told you what kind of monster's in there, though. I want to know how come nobody's noticed it sneaking around the school."

"Maybe it can make itself invisible." Hermione said, prodding leeches to the bottom of the cauldron. "Or maybe it can disguise itself-pretend to be a suit of armor or something-I've read about Chameleon Ghouls."

"Doubt it." I said. "The monster's energy is too strong to be a Ghoul, and I don't think they can petrify."

The news of Colin Creevey being attacked spread throughout the school the next morning. Ginny didn't seem to be getting any better either. Even with Uri being with her constantly. Neville was seen wearing talismans, amulets, and other protective devices. We told him that he didn't have to worry as he was pureblood, but he seemed to think he was a squib. Professor McGonagall came around collecting names of students who'd be staying at Hogwarts over Christmas. Harry, Ron, and Hermione signed her list, I didn't.

"Why aren't you staying for Christmas, Raven?" Harry asked. "Malfoy is and it'd be the perfect opportunity to use the potion."

"Because I always spend Christmas with Mum. I'm not going to make her spend it alone." I said. "Plus we don't need all four of us to get Malfoy to talk."