Chapter 7: The Four Founders

Raven POV

Over the next few days, all anyone could talk about was the attack on Mrs. Norris. Filch kept it fresh in everyone's minds by pacing the spot where she had been attacked, as though he thought the attacker might come back. Harry and I kept getting weird glances from other students which was no surprise as we were seen closest to Mrs. Norris, and I bet rumors began to spread.

Ginny was very disturbed by Mrs. Norris's fate. According to Ron, she was a great cat lover. So I told Uri to keep her company for the time being, which helped Ginny's mood a bit. Hermione would spend all her time reading and nothing else. We couldn't get much of a response from her.

I was in the library trying to help Ron with his composition on The Medieval Assembly of European Wizards. But he was still eight inches short. Harry joined us and asked where Hermione was.

"Somewhere over there." Ron said pointing along the shelves. "Looking for another book. I think she's trying to read the whole library before Christmas." Harry told us about Justin Finch-Fletchley running away from him.

"Dunno why you care. I thought he was a bit of an idiot." Ron said scribbling away, making his writing as large as possible. I looked at him slightly amused at his struggling. "All that junk about Lockhart being so great."

"Took you long enough to notice." I said. "But glad you did." Ron gave a sideways smirk.

"All the copies of Hogwarts: A History have been taken out." Hermione said joining us and sitting down. "And there's a two-week waiting list. I wish I hadn't left my copy at home, but I couldn't fit it in my trunk with all the Lockhart books." I rolled my eyes at the mention of his books.

"Why do you want it?" Harry asked.

"The same reason everyone else wants it." Hermione said. "To read up on the legend of the Chamber of Secrets."

"What's that?" Harry asked.

"Oh you know, 'a chamber that's secret.' I said sarcastically with quotation fingers; Hermione and Harry rolled their eyes.

"That's just it. I can't remember." Hermione said biting her lip. "And I can't find it anywhere else."

"Hermione let me read your composition." Ron said desperately.

"No, you've had ten days to finish it." Hermione scolded.

"I only need another two inches." Ron said. "Raven what about yours, please?" He asked pleadingly. I sighed pulling mine out. As I did the bell rang. I put it back in my bag.

"Aww, sorry, you snooze you lose." I sneered and quickly made my way to the door.

"That's cold, Raven." Ron said hurrying after me.

"If you want cold, I'll give you cold." I said in a playful death glare while pulling out my wand. He gulped and shook his head. I put my wand away with a devilish smile winking at him as we made our way to History of Magic.

History of Magic was the dullest subject on our schedule. Professor Binns, who taught it, was our only ghost teacher, and the most exciting thing that ever happened in his class was him entering the room through the blackboard.

Today was as boring as ever. Professor Binns opened his notes and began to read in a flat drone like an old vacuum cleaner. His voice was so dull and boring, I just rested my head on my arms zoning out. After a half hour of his speaking I saw Hermione raise her hand. No one raises their hand in this class.

"Ms.-er-?" Binns questioned.

"Granger, Professor. I was wondering if you could tell us anything about the Chamber of Secrets." Hermione said. The whole class seemed to gain their focus back and listened with interest.