Chapter 14: Into the Chamber

Raven POV

Ten minutes into our Transfiguration class Professor McGonagall told us that our exams would start on the first of June, one week from today. I had completely forgot about exams with everything going on. I know my Herbology wasn't getting any better, but my Transfiguration was slowly improving. I wasn't having any trouble in the other classes, though, History of Magic was boring as ever.

Three days before our first exam, McGonagall made another announcement at breakfast. "I have good news." She said and the Great Hall erupted.

"Dumbledore's coming back!" Several people yelled joyfully.

"You've caught the Heir of Slytherin!" A girl from my house squealed.

"Quidditch matches are back on!" Wood roared. 

Man, I wish. I thought.

"Professor Sprout has informed me that the Mandrakes are ready for cutting at last. Tonight, we will be able to revive those people who have been Petrified. I need hardly remind you all that one of them may very well be able to tell us who, or what attacked them. I am hopeful that this dreadful year will end with our catching the culprit." McGonagall announced. There was an explosion of cheering. I joined in. It would be a great site to see all those that were petrified return.

"Raven, have you discovered anything in that book of yours?" Harry asked.

"Not yet, it's a big book, and searching for such small details about spiders is taking forever. I've been doing my best ignoring my school work just to read, but still no luck. I'll keep searching though, and let you know." I explained.

Just then, Ginny Weasley came over and sat down next to us. She looked tense and nervous, and Harry and I noticed her hands were twisting in her lap. Something was wrong. "What's up?" Ron asked. Great start, Ron. I thought. Ginny didn't say anything, but glanced up and down the Gryffindor table with a scared look on her face. She knew something.

"Ginny what's wrong?" I asked concerned. Ginny opened her mouth, but no sound came out.

"Is it something about the Chamber of Secrets? Have you seen something? Someone acting oddly? Harry asked whispering so only us four could hear. Ginny drew a deep breath and at that precise moment, Percy appeared.

"If you've finished eating, I'll take the seat, Ginny. I'm starving, I've only just come off patrol duty." Percy said. Ginny jumped up, gave Percy a fleeting, frightened look, and scampered away. I cursed a Percy under my breath. Percy sat down and grabbed a mug from the center of the table.

"Percy!" Ron said angrily. "She was just about to tell us something important!"

"What sort of thing?" Percy asked.

"I just asked her if she'd seen anything odd, and she started to say-" Harry began but was cut off.

"Oh-that-that's nothing to do with the Chamber of Secrets." Percy said. We all three raised our eyebrows at him.

"How do you know?" Ron asked.

"Well, er, if you must know. Ginny er, walked in on me the other day when I was-well, never mind-the point is, she spotted me doing something that I um, asked her not to mention it to anybody. I must say, I did think she'd keep her word. It's nothing, really." Percy explained. I caught on as to what he was doing.

"What were you doing, Percy?" Ron asked. Percy ignored him.

"Percy here was doing something naughty with his girlfriend, Penelope Clearwater." I spoke up smirking at Percy; He went red.

Auror's Son | Book 2 Harry Potter x OCजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें