001

LOVE LETTER
CHAPTER ONE

LOVE LETTERCHAPTER ONE

🩰

Aurora Aerial Fisher had always cherished spending her summers at Cousins Beach with her extended family. Ever since she could remember, the tradition had been that two best friends would bring their children to the beach, where they would bond and create unforgettable memories together.

However, the previous year marked the first time Aurora couldn't make it to Cousins Beach. Her father had persuaded her to stay home and focus on her volleyball career, emphasizing that it should be her primary concern.

While Aurora enjoyed playing volleyball, it was more of a hobby for her, a way to escape the constant arguing between her father and her brother, Conrad. She knew about her father's infidelity and the impending divorce that threatened to tear her "perfect" family apart. Aurora was left to pick up the pieces.

That's why she was so eager to return to Cousins Beach this year. She longed for one last ordinary summer before facing the harsh reality of her crumbling home life. Aurora couldn't wait to reunite with the Conklin siblings, especially Belly.

She looked forward to spending sunny days at the beach with Jeremiah and late nights swimming with Belly. She wanted to bake cookies with Conrad and even have her annual movie night with Steven. Aurora yearned for one last unforgettable summer.

"Guys! They're here," Susannah called out, trying to get her children's attention. Two of her three kids rushed down the stairs, playfully jostling each other in an effort to be the first to greet the Conklin family.

Jeremiah reached the visitors first, embracing Laurel warmly, while Aurora hugged Steven, her laughter ringing through the air. "Stevie! My brother from another mother! Oh, how I've missed you!" Aurora teased, embracing him tightly. "One thing, please never say that again," Steven joked, returning the hug.

As the friends exchanged hugs and greetings, Aurora and Belly shared a heartfelt reunion. "bells! Oh my God! I've missed you so much-- look at you, you look amazing as always" Aurora smiled pulling away from the hug "Me? Look at you, no more glasses?" Belly noticed "No more glasses, contacts are my new best friend" Aurora smiled holding eye contact with her.

They marveled at each other's changed appearances and caught up on their lives. Before long, Jeremiah and Conrad scooped up the girls, threatening to throw them into the pool for a their annual "belly flop."

"Oh, come on guy's, it took me FOREVER to get ready!" Aurora struggled squirming in Conrad's arms. Despite Aurora's protests, the boys flung her and Belly into the water. The girls resurfaced, laughing and pretending to be upset about the prank. Aurora feigned distress over losing her contacts, and when Conrad reached out to help her, she pulled him into the water as payback.

Aurora, soon retreated to her room to change and was struck by nostalgia as she ran her fingers over the faded wallpaper. The memories of past summers at Cousins Beach swirled around her, bittersweet and poignant.

Belly interrupted Aurora's reminiscing with a soft knock, announcing that dinner was ready. " All right, i'll be down in the second " Aurora turns to face belly

" You know belly, I've really missed you " Aurora pulls Belly into a hug, she pauses for a second then hugs back "Me too Lora, I have a feeling this summer is going to be a lot different" As they hugged and shared their longing for the summer ahead, Belly gave Aurora a mysterious look that hinted at potential changes.

At dinner, the families gathered around the table, bantering and teasing one another. Eventually, the conversation turned to athletics, with Steven inquiring about Conrad's football plans and Laurel asking Aurora about her volleyball career.

" Uh, he quit football, " Jeremiah frowns " Oh, what about you Lora? how's volleyball going? " Laurel smiles. Aurora clears her throat " it's all right, we won the championship but I don't think I'm going to play next year. " Aurora started feeling a lump form in her throat

Aurora's voice wavered as she explained that she didn't plan to continue playing volleyball next year. The emotional pain of her coach's harsh criticism combined with the constant pressure from her father and her own heated response still weighed heavily on her. Belly tried comforting her by holding Auroras hand with a reassuring touch. Unable to hold back her tears any longer, Aurora excused herself from the table. Taking one last look at everyone before going to her room.

Alone in her room, Aurora finally let herself cry

edited - 6-25-23

— OKAY YALL! I'm really excited about this book! this is my first time writing a book about a tv show.. so don't mind! how are we feeling about the book so far?

don't forget to vote and comment! I love to hear yall's feedback