Chapter 13 - Christmas.

Location: "Azur Lane/Royal Navy Indoor Garden."
Date: "December 24th."
Time: "0945."
POV: "Commander Alex Rose."
Status: "Stable."

I yawn, slowly rising from my bed. I've been pretty tired lately so, it was good I had a bit of rest. I hear a door open and look over to see Belfast walk in like per-usual.

She'd chuckle seeing me awake. "You always seem to beat me to it." She'd walk in, closing the door and stand there.

I'd smile a bit and get up, stretching. "Morning, Belfast. Sleep well?"

She'd give me a nod. "Of course. I wouldn't want the Commander to worry about my health now, would I?"

I roll my eyes a bit. "It's important for me to worry about you all once in a fair while, even if you all are stronger with me. You all are still human and can suffer the same effects like me." I put my out and began counting my fingers, listing stuff off. "Depression, Anxiety, Obsession, Anger problems . ." She'd just stand there quietly while listening.

I guess she's always interested in hearing me talking or my stories. It's kinda like the other 3 . . Well . . Other 4 now . .

You wanna know who?

Prinz Eugen

Yea . . You guys want a flashback? I bet you do.

Flashback

Prinz Eugen was . . Drunk like usual with other Iron Bloods. I was at the bar to . . Watch over them. Ägir was also helping me watch because she disliked Alcohol. She's honestly the first Iron blood I met who disliked it. But she told me this before when I met her . .

I think anyway.

Bismarck was helping me watch too but she was also drinking. She can hold her liquor pretty well. She's had 15 so far. Not even a lick of drunkenness from her.

I just sigh. Bismarck and Ägir would look over at me. "Commander? What seems to be the problem?" Ägir has always been concerned for my well being like any other person.

I just shake my head. "Iron bloods. Always loud and drinking so much, no offense Bismarck." Bismarck just did a small chuckle.

"None taken, Kommandant. Cheers to that." She'd take a swig of her beer and place it back down. "Though, we aren't usually this loud or always together like this." I'd tilt my head, confused with her words.

I turn my body fully towards her, interested. "How so? You guys never celebrated like this all the time?"

Ägir would shake her head. "No. Nothing much like this. We never celebrated because we were always at war with you . . Well . . With Azur Lane."

Bismarck would take a drink from her beer again and put it back down. "Ja. Until you came in, Kommandant, you had my aid which sparked the Iron Blood to . . Have not much of a leader. They were a bit powerless." I sigh to her words.

"I don't think I did much to end this war." Bismarck would grab a glass and hand it to me. "Water?"

She'd nod. "Ja. I know how much you dislike Alcohol. But anyway . ." She'd continue, "You being here was the reason why this war ended in the first place. You can deny it many times, but in reality it was you."

I just shrug. "I give up at this point even trying to say "It wasn't me" when people will say it was me." I take a drink of my water and set it down. "Is Thanksgiving always this special to Iron Bloods? I know German's don't celebrate Thanksgiving. Only American's do." I was honestly curious with different types of . . Beliefs from Germany. I've always had a fascination in their language. Which is why I learned it. Again, I am also part German.