32 : Cries died down

In the midst of the woods, where the tallest trees are painted the brightest blue, kids are playing hide and seek

In the midst of the woods, where the tallest trees are painted the brightest blue, kids are playing hide and seek. To counter the chilly weather, all of the children are wrapped up in jackets and scarves. Cheerfully yells at the kids, "You're it!"

"But I don't want to be it "I whined in response. But the other children had already run off laughing without a response.

"ang daya niyo!" says no one in particular. "This isn't fair!" I look around, no other children are in sight. 

Iniwan na naman ba nila ako?

"Fine!" I said and began to count

"1

2

4

5

6

7

8

9

10, ready or not, here I come!" I yelled as I laughed.

I slowly open my eyes. The circus is covered in clouds of mystery and enigma, which adds to the atmosphere of anticipation. Who will be the one to sabotage the scene? Who is going to be the person to spoil the moment?

I do not feel any emotion. As I've heard some noise. Agad ko iyon nilingon, there I found a dog. The dog had grew to be somewhat huge, with a brindled coat, a luxurious fur collar, and a long, curled tail. When she noticed me, she wiggled it.

"Lesley..." bulong ko, doon nagunahan ang nga luha ko. Kahit anong pigil ko, kahit sinasabi ko na I do not care at all... there is something inside me that tells me na kinakailangan ko silang iligtas. Pero paano? I am helpless. Wala akong magagawa. 

All I can do is to not put their sacrifices into vain, kinakailangan ko mabuhay. And if living with no remorse and regret is all I can do then I would live. Gagawin ko ang lahat para hindi masayang ang mga buhay nila. Pinunasan ko ang luha ko. I already made up my mind.

"Yay! Yay! Yay! Did you have a good dream, haven?" Nakangiti si Limbo sa akin. Agad namang lumapit si Lesley sa kanya. "Hmp! Hmp! The twins made me a babysitter! Should I, Should I, Should I cook lesley for dinner!? Nahhhhh that would create a war!" She giggled as she played with her hair.

"You've kept your promise… right?" Sambit ko, tinutukoy ko ang napagusapan namin bago magsimula ang lahat ng gulo.

"Promise!? A pledge? I make promises with my soul, and I've never ever broken one because when I broke it, it became crystal muffin clear that the person I promised to carry would stab me in the back and abandon me to die out of haunted fears. FEARS! FEARS! At that point, it was either that or miss the opportunity to bring about the peace and triumph that my place seeks," she chuckled.

"Did you have fun? Extra fun!?" Dinilaan niya ang kinakain niyang lollipop. She is still the same.

I grinned and said, "I had fun." My memories—both sad and beautiful captured in images, and I get to decide what kind of collection I want to create. I've come to understand that no matter how much history we had together, a future was never going to exist.

"What's your dream all about!? It's a game! A play! Sino ang kalaro mo? La~ la ~ la..." She hummed as she jumped.

"Hindi ko matandaan kung sino..." Bulong ko.

"What's the odd of meeting your childhood friends here?" Bulong ni Limbo.

"What do you mean?" Bulong ko. Nagpatong patong ang tanong sa utak ko.

"Would you... Would you changed your mind if I told you that they were part of your life before? Would you come back and saved them!?" Natatawang sambit ni Limbo.

Hindi ako makapagsalita. As if my voice is nowhere to be found. I was never the best at making friends, but I somehow made a handful of the greatest friends I could have asked for in this long quest... 

Treachery is usually motivated by desperation. All I have now is pride, to justify my actions. Pero ang totoo, deep inside. I am selfish. I want to live. Not for them, I want to live for myself. I just want this to end. Gusto kong matapos ang lahat, gusto kong makapagpahinga.

It was all planned. Ang kaibiganin ang lahat, to pretend that I am going to stick around them through thick and thin. Iyon ang natutuhan ko noong nabubuhay pa ako.

Getting people to believe empty lies requires a route; it doesn't only involve getting them there; it also involves giving them hope as they proceed down a particular path.

I accepted that life is a garden full of lovely roses where the hurting thorns are hiding under the rose waiting for you. I grew up being very cautious. That is why, I've known that anything is possible with people; they can win your heart and then break it. After you've played all your cards, they may gain your trust before betraying you. They betray you after you've laid all of your aces.

They will treat you like a toy, and when they are done. They will leave you as trash. I just take time to save my feeble hearts from breaking all the time.

"I won't save them... I will save myself." Ani ko, She smirked. All the memories feel like swirls as I've signed a contract with her. It feels so fast that everything went blank.

End of Chapter 32