35 : Beauty in violence

The suffering I experienced made me abruptly and immediately comprehend what life was all about

The suffering I experienced made me abruptly and immediately comprehend what life was all about. I can feel the equipment that is linked to my skin while I am wearing an oxygen mask. I carefully opened my eyes, blinking to attempt to make the blurry sights in front of me more clearly.

"Good Job, Doc!" said one of the well known scientists, Bridgette.

"How long have I been here?" I mumbled, as I closed my eyes and tried to process all that had happened. Then it all comes crashing down on me. My mind is soon taken up with the thought of everything. Bago pa man ako makapagsalita muli ay agad na silang nagsaya.

Pakiramdam ko sasabog ang ulo, I remained calm. I need to block their technologies, I don't want them to control and manipulate me. I breathe in. I can hear their loud screams of joy, the scientists, engineers, administrators, managers, investors, and consultants all started yelping in unison.

Champagne was served, high-fives were exchanged, and angelic hallelujahs resounded throughout mission control's enormous space.

My body jolted with pain, but it didn't hurt as much as the revelation that I was still alive. Fucking experiments, "We did it!" she shouted. The room applauded once more.

I let out a sigh, fucking dumb bitches. They are celebrating while I am suffering! My body was in incredible pain, as if it were protesting my decision to get up. I lay there pitifully hoping that the ache would go away. looking up at the ceiling, which was lit by a halogen lamp.

An unknown voice asked, "How much longer until the operation?" The service tech man turned around in his chair and walked over to a minimized screen where he read off some figures and mentally performed a quick calculation.

"Another 30 minutes."

"The timing is now appropriate for a few drinks." Bridgette smiled as she turned into me. Sa wakas nakuha ko rin ang atensyon niya!

Have I gotten myself into this mess? My throat was dry and my stomach was sick. "I'm starving." That was my second phrase that I muttered. They all rushed to a state of panic. Ano na naman? Pakiramdam ko ang katawan ko ay isang lantang gulay... Unable to do anything.

There were doctors around me, checking my pulse and everything. Hinahanda rin nila ang tubig na ipapanom sa akin. My head really hurts, hindi ko pa rin matandaan kung paano ako napunta rito. All I know is the quest.

Wait-quest? Where's Princess? Web? Pierce?

"What the hell?" The techie exclaimed while gazing at monitoring systems and radar simulations. "It is impossible." He said.

Bridgette turned around, "What's that you say?"

"Her memories don't seem to be returning, in doing so there seems to be an issue."

Ako ba ang pinaguusapan nila? Kung ganon? Everything that I think, they can see it? Fuck!

She smiled and came over, waving a hand at me, she also told everyone to signify a break. "What are you thinking now, Doc?"