Chapter 11

Both Dove and Maverick were called into Cyclone's office the next day and they both had a gut feeling of what was gonna happen.

Right now, they both stood in the Vice Admiral's office, waiting for him to say anything.

"Well, I know this is a very difficult time for both of you. I just wanted to say if you need to take some time off, please do. I know it's not easy losing someone that close." Dove was the first one to speak up, "Thank you Sir but I want to finish the training and hopefully take part in the mission. It's what my father would want, it's what I want." Cyclone only nodded his head as Maverick started to talk.

"And I'm good too. I was picked to train those kids and I intend to finish that, so thank you but I'll be fine."

Cyclone let out a small scoff as he shook his head before looking up at the two in front of him.

"For Liutenant Dove it was a suggestion...but for you, Captain Maverick, it's an order. You're both dissmised."

Before Maverick could say anything, Dove decided to tell her disapproval of that.

"With all due respect Sir but Captain Maverick was picked for this mission by my father, Admiral Tom Kazansky, callsign Iceman, commander of the U.S. Pacific fleet, personally. He didn't pick him for no reason, he's the only one that can prepare us." Cyclone narrowed his eyes at the blonde woman.

"I am very well aware of who your father was Liutenant. But your father isn't here anymore so I am the one calling the shots now. And I say that Captain Mitchell is no longer part of this mission. Is that clear?" "But-" Dove went to protest but was cut off by Cyclone raising his voice, "I said, is that clear Liutenant?"

Maverick shook his head no at the girl, to signal her that it's okay and not to fight anymore. It wasn't worth it.

"Crystal. Sir." Cyclone nodded his head, "Good. You're both dissmised."

Maverick let Dove in front of him, basically leading her out of the door with his hand on her back but before they could exit the Vice Admiral's office they were stopped by him speaking up again.

"Oh and Liutenant Bradshaw...I highly recommend you take some time off, to grieve the great man that was your father." it took everything in Dove to hold back a scoff at the man's words, he was taunting her, waiting for her to say one wrong word.

"Thank you for your suggestion Vice Admiral but it's actually Kazansky-Bradshaw. I am still my father's daughter."

With that the woman walked out, shortly after followed by her uncle. When they got outside, the blonde let out her frustration.

"It's just not fair! Dad didn't pick you for no reason, you're the only one that can teach us and get us back alive, it's like Cyclo-bitch over there wants us all to die!"

Pete shushed the woman he tought of as his niece as he tried to hold back a laugh. That was a good one, he's gotta give her that.

"Do you want to be kicked off too?? Someone could hear you!" "Does it look like I give even a one fuck anymore? Because I truly don't, I'm done."

Pete somehow calmed her down a little before speaking.

"Look, let's just get you home and then you'll go to training tommorow like nothing happend." she started to protest but he cut her off, "No, no buts, what ifs or anything else. You were picked to train for this mission because you are the best of the best and you're not throwing all of that away because of me."

For some reason Victoria actually decided to listen to Pete and so the next day she walked into training with Bradley by her side, almost all of their colleagues were there already and at the very front was non other than Cyclone who couldn't keep his mouth shout, so while Bradley got to sit down right away, Victoria was stopped by the Admiral.