Chapter 12

Soon enough one by one they went below radar so in both communication centers they had to switch to an E-2 picture so they would be visibile to them. Dove was nervous, today as she was standing in the communication room she wasn't simply concerned for her fellow colleagues and team mates. She was Victoria who was concerened for her husband, uncle and friends, she couldn't lose them, they needed to come back to her, they promised.

She zoned out, only coming back when she heard Warlock say that there was no turning back now. The Tomhawks were sent and as we speak the four planes in the sky were assuming attack formation. Maverick's voice was heard saying that Daggers were set and to start the timer. They all said their mark with their respective numbers. They were now in the canyon with SAMs all around them.

"First SAM site overhead." said Maverick.

Phoenix spoke up, saying that it looks like they were safe from the radar but Maverick only said that they shouldn't take that for granted. Half a minute passed, they had two minutes left to target which Bob annouced to the whole team. But just as Bob annouced that, someone from the Com plane said that they were picking up two enemy planes on radar which made the blonde girl swear under her breath.

"Where the hell did they come from?" Cyclone asked madly but there was also a bit of concern in his voice, "Long range patrol?" Warlock suggested.

"Are they coming towards them?" just as Dove asked that, Phoenix did too. Command told that they could continue the mission which meant they were going the opposite way.

Rooster annouced that they were heading away from them, the enemy planes didn't know they were here but Maverick told him and the rest of the team that it didn't matter since as soon as the Tomhawks hit the airbase, those planes will move to defened the target. He then proceeded to tell them that they needed to get there before they do and to increase speed.

"We got you Mav, don't wait for me." said Phoenix as she increased her speed.

Meanwhile back on the ship, they were just told that Dagger two and four aka Rooster and Payback and Fanboy are behinde schedule and that time to target has gone down to a minute and 20 seconds. Hondo and Dove shared a worried and stressed look as they heard those words. The blonde prayed in her head for Rooster to pick up his spead.

"Tomhawk hit in three, two, one. Impact. Enemy's runway is destroyed."

Well if they didn't know they were coming before, they sure do now. Soon enough, it was annouced that the planes have turned around to go protect the target, they were two minutes away, while the pilots were one minute away.

In ths sky, Payback just finished pratically yelling at Rooster which could be summed up to go faster.

"Talk to me dad." whispered Rooster before taking a deep breath and increasing his speed. Payback didn't expect that, "Damn not that fast!"

Dove let out a breath she didn't know she was holding when it was annouced that Dagger two was re-engaging, she thanked whoever was listening that her husband finally woke up.

Cyclone spoke up, "Alright let's hit your target and come home." he told the pilots. The older man sent the blonde woman a nod and in return she sent him a small smile. He was finally done trying to get them killed and realized the importance of Maverick and his teachings. Thank God.

The first moutain climb went perfectly but when they got to the second mountain was the moment everyone held their breaths. The first ones were Maverick and Phoenix, everything went smoothly, they pulled 10 Gs and neither passed out. That was miracle number one. Next up were Rooster and Payback.

"And that's miracle number two." Warlock and Dove spoke up at the same time which made them share a small smile as they focused back on the screen, "Now it's the coffin corner." said Cyclone as he watched the screen in front of him carefully. The SAMs were on the daggers instantly and everything was going okay until Dove heard those four dreadful words coming from Phoenix.