Preface.

Ominous

Ominous.

"I ain't the smartest man. I ain't the cleanest, I ain't the best looking, I'm not perfect and I'm no teacher but I am a lesson distributor. If there's one lesson that I can really, truly distribute to you is --"

Hezekiah 'Baby' Hernandez parted his lips and spoke the words along with his father that he had already heard a thousand times.

"How to get this money."

Santana 'Smoke' Hernandez gestured toward a silver brief case. A woman, who was standing beside him quietly waiting to be told what to do, hustled toward it and grabbed it with utter delicacy. She placed it on the table before them all and unlocked it carefully. Ample amounts of  money came into view and Baby's eyes nearly melted out of his head. He'd never seen so much cash in one area in his life.

Santana took a long drag from his cigar and released smoke.

"See dat, Baby?" Baby nodded vigorously and continued to eye the money hungrily. There was this odd sensation in his chest. A feeling that he'd never felt before. He didn't understand what the feeling was but he was fully aware of the fact that he liked it. He knew that he liked all of the money that was in front of him. He understood that a lot could be done and accomplished with it. He also understood that one could never go broke; poor, without. He didn't want to ever be without in his life.

"This is money. Hustle money, meaning money that was hustled for. I ain't sayin' it was hustled for legally but a hustle is a hustle, you hea' me?" Baby nodded his head obediently. Smoke slid a stack toward him. Baby stared at it for a long while. Smoke watched him amused and waited for him to take the money.

"This is for me?" He asked innocently. Smoke released a series of pot O's. He nodded slowly.

"Its definitely not for Casper the friendly Ghost." He laughed.

"Pinky swear?" Baby stuck his ten year old pinky out and waited for Smoke to take it. He obliged and clasped his pinky around Baby's.

"Swear. It's all yours. I wanna see whatchuu gon' do with it." He revealed. Baby held the money in his little palms and for a small moment, all he wanted to do was hug it and kiss it and put it away into a piggy bank and save it and let it accumulate; 'draw interest'.

"Let me tell you somethin', Baby, don't you ever let no man walkin' this earth put fear into yo heart, you hear me?" Baby didn't understand what he was talking about but he just nodded to make his father happy. He liked when Smoke was happy. I mean, he rarely got upset but when he did, people always ended up dead.

"I mean that, boy. Ain't no man better than you and you ain't better than nobody. I want you to know that. Can't nobody judge you but God himself, a'ight?" Baby shook his head up and down and ran his fingers over the raspy paper that he was holding.

"Pops?"
"Wassup, youngin'?"

"I wanna get this money. Like you." Smoke chuckled. He felt complimented but he didn't want Baby doing what he was doing. He wanted something better for him.

"Ima show you."

Wanna keep up with me? Follow me on Twitter @AsiaAtItAgain or Instagram @AsiaSoCozy . Thanks 💕✨

 Thanks 💕✨