(9): "Curiosity Killed The Cat"

Ominous.

At first, what Santana had told Hezekiah about his entire eye situation made sense but the more and more he sat and dwelled on it, the more funny dunny it became. Not only did it pique his curiosity but it also made him want to investigate. He decided he'd take a trip to his grandpops' home just outside of Breezy Heights.

It'd been a while since he was there anyway. A visit wouldn't do anyone any harm.

Hezekiah slid his foot into a pair of Nike slides and grabbed his car keys. He danced down the stairs, quickly reassessing the security system on their home from his phone since nobody was at the crib at the moment.

He entered his vehicle, brought it to life and veered off.

Baby approached the two story home with growing optimism in his heart. He was confident that his grandpops would be able to help him out. Maybe help him make sense of his whole eye situation. There wasn't one person in his family that was alive that mimicked his condition. That didn't sit well with him and it made him even more hungry to figure out why that was.

Saint Sinbrero Hernandez greeted his grandson with the most welcoming smile. For a man of his age, he still looked good and women still fawned over him. Of course his beautiful grandmother would never allow the fawning to suffice in her presence.

Santana looked just like Saint. Spitting image. The only thing that differentiated the two were the light wrinkles that rested around Saint's eyes and the grey hairs that peaked out around his hairline.

"Wassup, grandpops." Hezekiah leaned in and embraced his grandfather with a genuine hug. Saint embraced him with an equal amount of it.

"What's going on, Baby? I haven't seen you in a while. Come in." Hezekiah stepped in and was immediately hit with the smell of Chicken Quesadillas.

"Oh shit, is grandmoms up to what I think she's up to?" Baby asked rubbing his hands together greedily.

"Uh huh, yup. You know that woman's always cooking. It's why I'm gaining all this weight now." Saint laughed.

"Must be nice, huh?" Baby said as he took a sip from the water bottle that Saint had thrown him.

"Indeed." Saint grabbed a water bottle of his own. "Say," he began.

"How come you don't have a lil jawn, yet? You're a handsome young man."

"Women are distractions." Saint blinked and then started laughing. "You can't be serious, young blood."

"I'm serious as hell, grandpops. Women are real, live distractions. I'm focused on more important things right now."

"And what's more important than women?" Saint asked, highly amused. He smirked into his water bottle as he drank. When Baby was a little boy all he talked about were girls now all of a sudden they were distractions?

"Trying to figure out why I'm the only living person in our family who has Heterochromia."

That'd caught Saint completely off guard but he tried to act as casual as possible.

He cleared his throat and looked Baby directly in his eyes.

"I'm pretty sure Santana already explained the situation to you. It could be a mere coincidence."