(2): "Spoke Too Soon"

Ominous.

19 years later.

"Nile, I am 19 years old. You don't have to do this shit for me anymore." Hezekiah rolled his eyes as Nile poured baby oil into her hand and rubbed it all over his face that she claimed was dry as hell.

She plucked the side of his head delicately but also hard enough to let him know that he should be more mindful of his mouth when he's around her.

"Watch your mouth, Baby. I'm just saying. No girl wants to look into the face of a young man as handsome as yourself and see crust in the crevices of your eyes and dry skin. It's uncouth."

"What if I like being uncouth?" Baby responded as he grabbed his solid black MCM bag that had red and green MCM letters embedded into the leather. He glanced at himself in the full body mirror that was right next to the front door of their lovely living room and grinned slightly at what he was seeing.

It was the last week of school, a Friday to be exact, and his high school held a tradition where they took Senior photos on that last week and had all of the finished products by that Sunday. That way, the yearbooks could be signed for and distributed evenly so that no one claimed they lost theirs or didn't get one. How could you claim you lost yours at the school if they sent everyone home with one for the summer? Smart plan.

"That won't get your father and I any daughter-in-law and it certainly won't pull you a girlfriend."

"Nile, I keep telling you guys that ion have time for a girlfriend right now. They're all distractions."

"Distractions from what exactly?" Nile asked, her hands planted on her hips.

"My life. My goals. I want to be successful too and I already know how much of a distraction women can be so, I've put them to the back of my mind." Nile shook her head.

"You're saying that now but when you stumble across a young woman that's fine as wine and can feed you without lifting a fork to your mouth, you won't be saying that."

"Feed me? The hell that supposed to mean?"
"Ever heard of soul feeding?"

Baby shook his head and continued to listen intently.

"It's when your soul is being fed. It's just as simple as that and self explanatory. You'll definitely know when someone is feeding your soul. Trust me."

"Well, as of now in life, the only thing I want fed is my mouth." Baby grabbed his 14K rose gold diamond encrusted watch and turned one last time so that Nile could hand him a little energy breakfast she made specifically for this day, a kiss on the cheek and the keys to his car.

Baby patted himself down and rolled his eyes. "I always do that shit." He whispered, reprimanding himself. Baby was always forgetting his keys and Nile or his father would always find them and have them waiting for him.

"Thanks, N. By the way, where's pops?"
"In the bedroom asleep. You know that man works himself into a frenzy at night and sleeps during the day."

"Right. He needs a vacation." Baby yelled over his shoulder as he approached his 2017 matte black Audi A4. It was his dream car and his father wouldn't get it for him unless Baby made sure to keep his grades up, behaved well in school and finished school for that matter.