(12): "You Are Not Alone"

Ominous.

Baby stared at the ceiling aimlessly. He liked the ceilings of Ro's house. It usually entertained him deeply but he couldn't get any type of joy out of them now for some reason. He'd been silently crying about his newfound discovery all night. Just thinking about it tore him up and started the tears up all over again. He could feel his face heating up.

Ro walked in the room with a box of tissues and yanked a few.

"Sit up, son." Hesitantly, he sat up slowly, the tears that were falling horizontally changed their directions and began falling vertically.

"I just can't understand this shit, son. These was the people I called family and ion even much know them like I thought I did." He grabbed the tissues and held them to his nose. He dabbed at his eyes and then disposed of them.

"Son, you ain't ate in days behind this shit. We gotta get you some food."

"Ion wanna eat. I'm good."
"You have to eat if you wanna live." Ro chuckled lightly.

Baby shook his head and waved Ro off. Before Ro could object and shove something to eat down his throat, Baby's phone chimed. Both of their heads moved in the direction of the phone but Baby didn't move.

"You gon get that?"
"Nah. Fuck it."
"Then Ima get it." Ro said as he grabbed the phone. "It's probably ya biological moms. She might wanna talk some more."

"I can't let that lady see me fucked up."
"I mean she is ya biological ma dukes. She's seen you cry before."
"That's before Santana kidnapped my ass."
"Now hold on, young, we don't know the full story."

"We don't need to know everything. All we need to know is that they're wrong and I'm the victim here."

"Okay but you never did hear Smoke out doe."
"Whose side you on?"
"Aight, aight. Whatever." Ro laughed.

He looked down at Baby's phone and saw that it actually wasn't Baby's mother but Assata.

"Oh shit, well would you look at that."

Baby looked at Ro, his curiosity piqued. He felt entirely too lazy to ask about what he was looking at so he just sat there and silently hoped that Ro would read his facial expression instead.

"It's Miss Monè." Ro mocked. Baby thought for a moment and wiped his eyes. He shook his head no, implying that Ro put the phone down and just ignore it. He didn't want to be bothered, especially not by a girl he didn't even like.

Ro ignored Baby and unlocked his phone, replying to the text message.

Mad Stuck Up: Hey... So I thought about what you were saying and I decided to do a bit of self reflection. I can be a bit stubborn at times and I apologize for taking it out on you but I can't help it sometimes. Anyway, I'm rambling lol. Um, well, I felt that it would only be right to give you another opportunity. So that I can come correct, I guess.

- : Oh nah, you good. I get it. That's how it be sometimes.

Mad Stuck Up: Okay good. Cant believe I'm about to initiate this but, I mean, if you want to come out with me again, we can do that. I was a little rude the other day.

- : Ard, bet. That'll be cool. Just say where and when.

Mad Stuck Up: How does Willie's Chicken Shack tonight sound? 8ish?

- : Bet.

Mad Stuck Up: Ok, cool.

"Somebody has a date tonight."
"Nigga I thought you liked Yolanda." Baby responded.