(4): "A Bet is A Bet"

Ominous.

"I dare yo ass to ask mamas out on a date." Ro said as he opened the door to the cabinet that held the house's snacks.

He grabbed an oatmeal pie and tore it open, sinking his teeth into the soft Debbie cake. Hezekiah glared at Ro and burst into a fit of laughter.

"Nah. That ain't me. She seem mad bougie. I can't stand a bougie bitch."

"Assata Monè?"

Hezekiah nodded.

"I mean, she does seem a lil high maintenance but that's how the best women are."

"Not according to me. She seems hard to please and I'm a simple nigga. Ain't no way I'm finna be bending over backwards for somebody and they don't think twice about it or even appreciate it." Hezekiah scoffed.

"Besides, you already know how I feel about broads as of now. I'm not looking for no relationship. Bitches be distractions. I'm telling you."

"What are you so dead set on not being distracted from?" Ro laughed. Hezekiah was always talking that distraction shit. It was getting old and growing some mold.

"My goals."
"You can't accomplish your goals and entertain women at the same time?"
"Nah. Women have always been man's greatest down fall. Not finna let a woman be the reason why I didn't make it or was held back, constantly asking 'what if'. I'm cool on allat."

Ro scrunched his face up at his best friends' words and shook his head. He smiled.

"I highkey think you just scared to get your lil feelings hurt."

"Scared?" Hezekiah was standing now.

"Don't nothing put fear in my heart. I learned that from my OG. You know who my father is, right?" Hezekiah said in a real matter-of-fact type tone.

"Fuckin right I know who Santana Smoke Hernandez is. Who don't?"
"Ard, then."
"So run that shit, then."
"I don't run shit unless money involved."
"Ard, bet." Ro dug into his pocket and unsheathed his wallet.

He yanked out three one hundred dollar bills and let the money trickle onto the glass table that the two were now sitting around.

Hezekiah laughed and took out his wallet as well.

"You want me to match you? Or go higher?"
"It dont matta to me." Hezekiah nodded and pulled out three one hundred dollar bills himself.

"Deal is, you gotta ask mamas out."
"Who? Assata Monè?" He said her name real sarcastically.

"That's the one." Ro said.
"You gotta ask baby out, actually get her to say yes, finesse the shit out of her, damn near get her to DTD and then bounce. No actual sexy time."

Hezekiah thought for a moment.
"And when I succeed, I get to keep all these money's?" He asked childishly, flickering through the money and fanning himself with it.

"That's if you succeed. We both established that this chick seems high maintenance. She'll definitely turn yo ass down and when she does, I get to keep all these money's." Ro laughed, touching all six hundred dollars.

"Since you so confident, lace me with a time frame. How long do I have?"

"I'd give it about a month. It's May 25th now. On June 25th you gotta pay up, boy."

"Word is bond. Thanks for these six hunnit dollars in advance."

"You are not welcome."

• • •