Chapter 9: Hell Hath No Fury

"I can't fucking believe that dumb piece of shit!" Delilah exclaimed.
     She was at her locker, Bowen standing next to her, gathering her books for the morning classes.
     "He ignores me at yet another party to hang with his dipshit friends!" she continued. "He hits on other girls in front of me! Then, when he finally does give me some attention, he gropes the shit out me! And he tops things off by emptying the contents of his stomach all over my new fucking outfit!"
     "It was a really cute outfit," Bowen commented casually.
     "No fucking shit it was!" she continued to shout.
     She slammed her locker shut, letting out a huge sigh.
     "I... I just... thought he was going to be better by now, Bow," she said in a much more somber tone. "Why do I keep giving him more chances?"
     "Because you're too nice for your own good, Del," replied Bowen. "Especially when it comes to Chaz."
     "Well, no more!" she proclaimed. "I'm done with him! Today is the day I dump his ass!"

     Delilah turned around to see Chaz standing in front of her. His expression dower, hands in his pockets.
     "Hey there, baby," Chaz said somberly.
     "We really need to talk," said Delilah. "Thank god! I can get this shit over with immediately!"
     "Yeah, we do," agreed Chaz. "This just isn't working out. I think we should break up."
"What the fuck!?" she thought. "What the fuck!?"
     "Yeah, I know you're upset, baby," Chaz went on. "But, you'll see with time it's for the best."
     "Are you fucking kidding me right now!?" she exclaimed. "I was going to dump you!"
     "Come on now," Chaz chuckled. "Don't make this harder than it is."
     "You piece of shit!" Delilah exclaimed. "You puked on me 2 days ago! Don't act like you're the embarrassed one!"

     Other people were definitely starting to notice.
     "You might wanna calm down now, baby," Chaz replied. "You're causing a scene."
     "You mean like the scene you caused when you puked on me!?" she went on.
     "Look, baby..." Chaz began.
     "Shut up with the baby shit!" Delilah interrupted. "I fucking hate being called that! Always have! Now that we're not together, you don't get to call me some moronic pet name! I wasted over 2 years with you!"
     "You'd have been a nobody if not for me," Chaz retorted, which lead to plenty of audible gasps.

     Delilah's expression took a turn. She didn't look as angry as before, but still clearly upset.
     "Bowen... take my books, please," she said in an unsettlingly calm tone.
     Bowen didn't question, he'd known her long enough not to. She then took a deep breath, let it out, and took a couple steps towards Chaz, who seemed oblvious to his impending doom.
     "Look, ba... Delilah," he quickly corrected. "I get you're upset."
     "Do you now?" she asked, keeping her calmer tone.
     "Of course I do," he replied, his voice getting a bit shakier. "We've shared a lot together. A lot of intimacy. But some things just aren't meant to be. I hope we can remain friends."

     Nobody is entirely sure how much time passed between those words from Chaz and what happened next. Most figure not even a minute, given the look of disgust in Delilah's eyes. It was like everything went into slow motion. She once again took a deep breath, closing and opening her eyes slowly with the rhythm of her exhale. Then she kicked him dead center in his testicles. Doesn't matter how good an athlete you are, or how much physical strength you have, a kick to the balls is a still a kick to the balls.

     Of course he fell to his knees instantly, his eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head. The true icing on the cake, she hit him hard enough to cause puking. This is what we call the vagal reflex, in which a nerve signal from your testicles travels up your spinal cord and brain stem and activates the nausea and vomiting centers in your brain.

     There was an eruption of gasps and students shouting all kinds of things in response to what they just witnessed. Delilah stood there for a moment, a proud smile plastered on her face. She then took her books back from Bowen and the two walked off to their morning classes.